Cue Sheet Specialist
NetflixLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
At Netflix, we are shaping the future of entertainment because we believe there is a better way to watch. Our international efforts have brought Netflix around the globe to virtually all countries and we're excited to bring more of our original programming to our viewers. With over 140 Million subscribers enjoying great content in over 190 countries, it's an exciting time to work at Netflix. Netflix seeks an experienced Cue Sheet Specialist to help support our Music, Technology, Data, and Rights team as we expand our slate of original content and music repertoire.
In this unique and exciting role, you will have responsibility over vital components of our music cue sheet and music administration processes and have visibility into all facets of our music business. As a cue sheet expert, you know exactly what it takes to use music in a production and you understand the significance of synchronization licenses, publishing splits and PRO information. You know your way around a cue sheet, easily navigating the process from onboarding the production to final review and delivery. In your view, there is no cue sheet data that is too small or insignificant. You know the difference between CISAC and SESAC and a PRO and CMO. You know how to review agreements for pertinent cue sheet information and are effective in aligning music supervisors, music editors and other production personnel to deliver accurate cue sheet data in a timely manner. Your thorough understanding of why cue sheets matter, results in a keen attention to detail and accuracy that you impart to everyone involved in the music production process. On your watch, it is not acceptable for PRO information to be lacking, or for timing or publisher fields to be incomplete or incorrect. Any discrepancies do not last long as you are the first to spot them and you're not scared to go down the internet rabbit hole to solve them. In this role, you will actively contribute to cue sheet innovation to help shape our cue sheet administration and delivery strategy.
The successful candidate will be one who seeks out these values. He or she thrives in an environment where freedom and responsibility are a tenet, and passion, innovation, and good judgment are mandates. He or she places thoughtful efficiency over process yet knows how to collaborate with organizations or institutions who may not hold the same beliefs.
This role is based in Netflix's Los Angeles office and reports to the Manager Music Administration, part of the Business & Legal Affairs team at Netflix. The Music Group is based in Los Angeles, London and Berlin and is responsible for all of Netflix's global music business and strategy, from the production and licensing of Netflix Originals through to the distribution of the Netflix service globally.
• Analyzing music data and working with cross-functional teams to support and collaborate on Music administration and Data initiatives
• Researching song data from various sources to obtain accurate metadata.
• Processing, administering and submitting cue sheets for our compelling original programming, including reviewing, editing, correcting and, if needed, preparing cue sheets in a timely and efficient manner
• Working with data team to maintain and improve our cue sheet system
• Liaising and coordinating with third-parties to resolve discrepancies and instruct on industry standard cue sheet practices
• Supporting the administration of Netflix's music repertoire (master recordings and music publishing)
• 3-5 years of experience in the music department at a film/television studio, television network or major production company
• Strong understanding of music clearance process, music rights, and music publishing
• Ability to work proactively, independently and reliably on multiple projects under tight timeframes in a fast-paced production environment
• Highly collaborative with the ability to be fluid and respond positively to change and new ideas
• Ability to pivot quickly and be resourceful, think practically and be solution-oriented
• Curiosity and eagerness to tackle additional projects as needed and tackle matters outside area of expertise
• Mastery of automated cue sheets systems with the ability and desire to work with alternative cue sheet platforms and formats
• Comfortable with tools and technology for managing the cue sheet process.
• Unparalleled organizational skills and unwavering attention to detail
• Clear, concise communication skills and excellent interpersonal skills
• Bilingual a huge plus
• College degree preferred but not required