NetflixLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
Creative Supervisor (Design, VFX and Animation)
Reporting to Manager, Internal Production, this role will be integral in the development and evolution of the design, graphics and creative team supporting visual innovation around all of Internal Production's projects. This sub-team's mission is to revolutionize the way Internal Production tells stories about the business, brand and people of Netflix through creative visual design, vfx, animation and/or other interactive tools.
The ideal candidate cares about telling stories that move people, and is an exceptional creative thinker, and leader in managing teams of visual creatives, designers, illustrators, animators, and VFX specialists to help them use their skills and talents effectively. A tenacious optimist through any creative constraints.
**Please submit examples of creative work you've either executed yourself of guided your teams in.**
• 7-10 years in a creative leadership and technical management capacity ideally with both agency and post-house experience.
• Ability to think big-picture connect the dots and be a strong partner to Manager to strategize and brainstorm visual direction and tone for upcoming projects while supervising current projects from brief to completion.
• Hands-on knowledge and experience with 2D and 3D design, vfx and animation softwares and render engines, and expert-level experience with in your tool/software(s) of choice. You are an excellent designer yourself, and are able to draw and mock-up style frames or visual concepts.
• You have high standards, a keen design eye, and are a purveyor of diverse visual styles aesthetics. You are able to provide creative feedback and direction where applicable across imagery, video and motion suites.
• Assessing (and reassessing) timelines, budgets, artist bandwidth, ROI and technical/creative resources are second-nature to you. You are comfortable delegating and ensuring everyone follows proper pipeline procedures, formulating creative solutions that balance vision with resources and project scope.
• Passion to build the vfx and animation pipeline and infrastructure from the ground-up. Familiar with industry standards and are able to maintain and update existing near-term solutions until features are incorporated into enterprise products. Relentless in seeking out innovative and effective tooling solutions or procedures, act upon testing opportunities and roll out to implementation of new technologies within the design, animation and vfx space to optimize the post production pipeline for small but growing team. Troubleshoot and debug broken artist workflows quickly. Remain in constant alignment with teams at Netflix that are working on enterprise solutions.
• Be able to bring to the table a vetted, existing roster of vetted artist collaborators consisting of designers, illustrators, animators, vfx artists. With scalability top of mind, constantly source and screen candidates with team/ project growth, with an aptitude to assess multi-disciplinary backgrounds and skill sets.
• Excel at building strong cross-functional relationships with producers-interviewers (story creatives) on the team.
• Keep ahead of trends and technology in the design, vfx and animation space and able to aggregate learning from testing and exploration to share with the team.
• Ability to step in and be on-the-box to ''save a project'' if needed.
• Strong oral & written communications skills a must.
• Ability to build small tools and scripts to rapidly assist in urgent daily tasks
• Experience developing plugins for third-party content creation applications
• Experience with managing remote gfx/vfx teams
• Understanding of live-action production and how to shoot content
• Copywriting capabilities