Creative Producer, Editorial & Publishing - Korea
Full Time Job
Creative Producer, Editorial & Publishing (The Swoon) - Korea
We are Netflix's Editorial team. A team of storytellers, editors, producers, and writers who are creating a whole new approach to talking about entertainment. We make content that brings global communities together over shared passions, and we make sure that Netflix is on the pulse of conversation among fans. Though part of the larger marketing organization, our team's work is unique in that we express a perspective on content the way an editorial media outlet would.
What is The Swoon?
The Swoon is Netflix's community for global fans of K-content-we are by the fans, for the fans, and we are here to celebrate the stories and the talent that are so beloved around the world. Since launching in 2019, The Swoon has grown across multiple platforms (YouTube, Instagram), and will continue to expand its reach.
We're looking for a creative producer who will develop exciting new formats for YouTube that showcase our talent in fresh ways. You'll have a deep passion, appreciation, and understanding of Korean dramas, and have a skill for bringing these stories into the social zeitgeist through A/V content. You understand what makes K-dramas tick and why people around the world love them so deeply. As a fan, you are attuned to what sparks a connection between a show and its fandom. You live for that spark.
In the role of Creative Producer of The Swoon, you will be responsible for the ideation, concept development, and production of our A/V programming with a deep focus on episodic content on YouTube, but across other active and emerging platforms as well. To be a successful producer, you'll need to be a storyteller at heart and have the excellent judgment to balance audience interests with the needs of our business.
• Develop repeatable programming for YouTube, and create new formats with a strong hook, point of view, and personality in line with The Swoon's unique voice.
• Lead brainstorms, manage a team of creators hands-on (A/V editors, graphic designers, writers, freelance teams and vendors), give relevant creative notes and final approval on assets.
• Run shoots with talent as the point-person leading the production crew and directing talent on set. Cultivate cross-functional relationships (content, publicity, marketing, and more) to ensure you have the best information and the ability to gain traction on your strategies and ideas. A big idea isn't a big idea if you're doing it alone.
• Use social analytics to inform strategy and detect new opportunities.
• Build and manage production budgets.
• Manage creative briefings & decks.
• Stay on top of trends, timely events, and upcoming title launches to seize on reactive opportunities for our audience.
• Be experimental with content; take risks with what you're creating; be ambitious and original. Turn one-off hits into successful series.
The ideal candidate is/has....
• A strong producer who knows how to bring a creative vision to life. You have the proven ability to concept and produce high-quality episodic A/V content that speaks to fans. Maybe you've worked in content creation at a brand or publishing outlet before, but more importantly, you are spending tons of time-consuming and creating video content.
• Knowledge of international K-content fandom, the platforms that are important to this audience, how to properly leverage them, and what makes content shareable.
• Bilingual English/Korean. You can direct Korean talent on set, but you know how to speak to global audiences through the content you create.
• A creative risk-taker. You are able to see the big picture and be the master curator of an online media channel. You are constantly looking for new ways to delight and inspire audiences.
• Sophisticated understanding of online social platforms and the native formats that work on each. Deep YouTube expertise a huge plus.
• Impeccable editorial judgment and a knack for finding and knowing what's trending with our audience. You can find the story, angle and point of view to tell different stories and do so through video storytelling.
• Excellent interpersonal skills and experience working directly with talent and talent representation, in meetings and on shoots/sets.
• Skilled in pitching/ presenting with the ability to read the room. Respect and understanding for Netflix culture.
• High tolerance for change, and the capacity to accomplish enormous amounts in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment.