Creative Manager, Creative Marketing, LATAM
NetflixMexico City, CA
Full Time Job
We are looking for an experienced marketing executive to join the team responsible for the strategic and creative development of our Mexican Originals marketing campaigns. This position is based in Mexico City, Mexico. Because this role requires close interaction and collaboration with various cross-functional teams in Madrid, Los Angeles, Los Gatos, and Alphaville frequent international travel is a must.
Who are you?
• You have a proven track record of building impactful, world-class creative campaigns that connect with audiences and break through the cultural zeitgeist. We are not only building campaigns, we are transforming our properties into culturally relevant brands.
• You are a natural team leader with an ability to build strategic foundations, conceptualize campaign approaches and articulate creative ideas that people rally around.
• You thrive in a fast-paced and collaborative environment, possess a high level of emotional IQ and intellectual curiosity, and demonstrate strong judgment and decision making skills in the face of ambiguity.
• You are passionate and curious about all aspects of digital marketing innovation, and strive to create impactful and effective visual storytelling on mobile, paid social all other mediums/platforms.
• You love international TV and film content and have deep knowledge of the entertainment landscape and media trends in Latin America, Spain and globally.
• You are a connoisseur of creative marketing (trailers, key art and digital/social media) and have solid experience developing strategic insights to inform 360 creative marketing campaigns.
• You have a deep knowledge of the social media landscape, including a strong understanding not only of their features and technology, but of the new consumer behaviors emerging everyday.
• You have experience creating impactful, out-of-the-box social media strategies that nurture and encourage fandom and leverage the social space in new and unexpected ways.
• You have an entrepreneurial mindset and are eager flourish in our unique company culture (see Who We Are).
What will you do?
• You will lead title level strategy and creative campaigns across our original slate (original series, films, documentaries, unscripted, stand up, etc.) for both earned and paid media.
• You will create a unified creative and aesthetic vision for title level brands.
• You will partner closely with the LATAM regional marketing teams to develop authentic campaigns that are built on regional insights and connect with local audiences.
• You will build creative platforms and briefs to guide the creative output for cross functional teams.
• You're responsible for briefing the Production Manager on the creative strategy and needs for on set capture (photography, BTS, EPK, etc).
• You will project manage your campaign cross-functional initiatives including (but not limited to) leading, organizing, mobilizing and planning internal task force meetings, brainstorm sessions and external filmmaker kickoffs/presentations.
• You will collaborate with product strategy and creative to integrate title level marketing campaigns within the member product experience.
• You will lead meetings and manage workflow with internal stakeholders and external creative partners.
• You will manage showrunner and key talent approvals and socialization (those with approvals).
• Your main deliverables will include : Creative brief, Creative Platform, Campaign Imagery and Design (Key Art, Title Treatment, Opening sequence (if necessary), Campaign deck, AV suite: trailer (long and short form) themematics, Social strategy and rollout calendar, Unit photography strategic needs, EPK Concepts
Skills and Requirements:
• 10 years of experience in building strategic and creative consumer marketing campaigns, preferably at a streaming network or studio with a background in entertainment (TV, film, gaming), global lifestyle brand (Nike, Coca-Cola, Apple, etc.) or creative/advertising agency.
• International working experience, preferably have spent time living and/or working both in Latin America and Spain.
• Fluency in English is mandatory. Fluency/proficiency in Spanish is required.
• A history of team leadership and cross-functional collaboration with both internal and external partners.
• Native understanding of digital advertising (direct video, mobile, paid social, display, rich media, VOD) with strong grasp of marketing / social media analytics and how to apply data to test and optimize campaigns.
• Strong interpersonal, creative, presentation, problem solving, negotiating, influencing, facilitation, organizational, prioritization, decision making, analytical and conflict resolution skills
With 148 million streaming members worldwide, Netflix has been on the leading edge of a deep transformation in the entertainment business. Powered by a work culture that's focused on high performance and continuous improvement, this is a great opportunity to join a team that is spearheading the marketing campaigns shaping the future of global entertainment.
Original content is core to our ongoing global success, and to support this global expansion we are quickly growing our slate of international originals. These originals are produced in local language, using local production companies and talent. We believe that creating local original content will help us delight and win over local audiences while also building love for Netflix around the world.