Creative Director, Games Studio
NetflixLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
We're looking for a talented and seasoned Creative Director to guide story, character development, and world foundations for our game's IP – breathing heart, rich texture, and novel depth into our world and the characters that inhabit it.
We're a team with big ambitions and an obsession to create memorable game moments that leave players telling their own stories for years to come. We seek new teammates who care deeply about the experiences they create and the people they make them with, who bias towards action and are energized by the learning that comes with bold experimentation at an agile pace.
As a part of Netflix, we strive to hire the best and value integrity, excellence, respect, inclusion, and collaboration. Now is an amazing time to join Netflix as we seek to entertain the world. We have over 230 million paid members in over 190 countries, and we won't stop there. If this sounds like you, we would love to hear from you!
• Fully own the process of developing our game's IP, working with Art and Game Design leadership to develop the settings, characters, themes, and multi-season story arcs within that world
• Leverage a deep understanding of both narrative and game design needs to weave the IP, world, and story into a cohesive whole together
• Shepherd a shared vision around our key aspirational character and teamplay core fantasies, acting as the torchbearer for how our project will intentionally deliver on them
• Own communication around the IP, which includes developing and refining key artifacts that help communicate our vision to teammates, stakeholders, and partners
• Promote an inclusive and diverse culture within our team, and let this ethos guide the stories we tell and the worlds we create
• Participate actively in team playtesting and provide feedback
The Ideal Candidate
• Has significant experience (10 years) in:
-Game creative direction, across multiple IPs and/or projects
-Managing and guiding writers and other creative team members
-Developing partnerships with internal departments and external agencies
-Bonus points if you have worked across multiple media (games, shows, film, books, comics, marketing, etc.).
• Possesses a deep understanding of IP world-building and narrative design
• Communicates with authenticity, intention, and curiosity
• Thrives as a member of a cross-functional multidisciplinary team
• Excels in online collaboration with a remote team
• Plays broadly across multiple games of varied genres
• Gets excited by learning new skills, dashing to pitch in, even if this means flexing beyond this role's core responsibilities if it can help us win
Our compensation structure consists solely of an annual salary; we do not have bonuses. You choose each year how much of your compensation you want in salary versus stock options. To determine your personal top of market compensation, we rely on market indicators and consider your specific job family, background, skills, and experience to determine your compensation in the market range. The range for this role is $160,000 - $610,000.
Netflix provides comprehensive benefits including Health Plans, Mental Health support, a 401(k) Retirement Plan with employer match, Stock Option Program, Disability Programs, Health Savings and Flexible Spending Accounts, Family-forming benefits, and Life and Serious Injury Benefits. We also offer paid leave of absence programs. Full-time hourly employees accrue 35 days annually for paid time off to be used for vacation, holidays, and sick paid time off. Full-time salaried employees are immediately entitled to flexible time off. See more details about our Benefits here.
Netflix is a unique culture and environment. Learn more here.