Counsel, Original Series
NetflixLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
Counsel, Original Series (Adult Animation)
Netflix seeks an experienced attorney to handle a wide array of responsibilities related to the development and production of Netflix's original adult animated series. The successful candidate will work with the company's Original Content team to structure, negotiate and draft agreements necessary to develop and produce the company's adult animated series and should be extremely comfortable counseling business partners and making decisions that have both legal and business impacts. The Original Content team is behind a variety of engaging and award-winning scripted programming, and with the success of programs such as Big Mouth, Bojack Horseman, and Disenchantment, the Original Content team is making Netflix a go-to destination for great adult animated series.
This is an opportunity to be part of a public company with a great consumer brand and to help Netflix shape the future of television. The production legal team at Netflix is small and focused on collaborating with its business partners to help foster innovation.
The successful candidate will have at least five (5) years of development and production legal experience in television, with direct experience drafting all forms of rights acquisition and production agreements for scripted series. Experience on animated series a plus.
The ideal candidate will have a strong production background, plus a thorough understanding of television distribution (including digital distribution). Experience providing in-house support is strongly preferred.
The successful candidate will also possess the following:
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
• Strong analytical capabilities and judgment.
• Ability to work proactively, independently and reliably under tight timeframes in a fast-paced environment.
• Ability to work effectively and collaboratively cross-functionally, think practically and be solution-oriented.
• Willingness to tackle matters outside area of expertise.
• J.D. and membership in good standing in at least one state bar.