Counsel, Original Family Features
NetflixLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
Counsel, Original Family Features (Live Action)
Netflix seeks an experienced attorney to join Netflix's Original Independent Family Films team, with a focus on the development and production of family feature films. The candidate will be a key member of the Business & Legal Affairs team, primarily responsible for drafting and negotiating above-the-line talent deals, option/purchase rights agreements, production services agreements, and other development and production agreements, with the opportunity to work on other Original Independent Films projects. The candidate must be comfortable challenging norms and finding ways to create efficiencies for this high volume team in order to remain nimble, accomplish Netflix's objectives and execute the Family Films content strategies.
The ideal candidate must be very comfortable counseling and collaborating with internal and external creative, production, business and legal partners and making decisions that have both business and legal impact. Excellent drafting skills are a must. The ideal candidate will welcome the opportunity to be part of a fast-paced, entrepreneurial organization and thrive in communicating in a global environment.
The successful candidate will have at least four to six years of legal experience primarily in feature films working for a major studio, production company, or law firm.
In addition, the candidate will possess the following:
• Curiosity and an innovative mindset
• Strong communication skills (candor, honesty and timeliness)
• Strong analytical (strategic and creative) capabilities and judgment
• Ability to work proactively, independently and reliably under tight time frames in a fast-paced environment
• Willingness to tackle matters outside their area of expertise
• Team oriented with the ability to work selflessly and collaboratively, think pragmatically and be solution-oriented