Counsel, Marketing Legal Films
NetflixLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
Netflix is the world's leading internet television network. With more than 151 million subscribers in over 190 countries, it's an exciting time to work at Netflix.
We are looking for an experienced, talented and passionate lawyer to join our Marketing Legal team. This role is located in our Los Angeles office. As part of the Marketing Legal team, you will help define the Netflix brand and shape the future of entertainment across the region.
The Marketing Legal team collaborates with internal and external business partners to support the marketing and publicity of Netflix's content and its service. The successful candidate's responsibilities will include supporting general marketing/publicity legal matters such as the following: drafting and negotiating marketing agreements, advising on talent and other rights approvals, advertising creative clearance (i.e. advising on creative concepts, copy and activations), handling contentious and regulatory matters, contests/sweepstakes, and conducting training/workshops to help increase efficiency and legal IQ. Experience with films preferred and kids a plus.
This is a unique opportunity to be part of a leading media company with a great consumer brand and to help Netflix shape the future of entertainment. The ideal candidate will welcome the opportunity to be part of a dynamic, innovative and collaborative organization, be intellectually curious, demonstrate great initiative and be excited and inspired by the Netflix culture.
The successful candidate will have 3-6 years of relevant experience as a lawyer working in-house at an entertainment/media/production company or creative advertising agency.
Expertise required in marketing/advertising and/or entertainment law. Experience negotiating with talent as part of marketing activations is a plus. This role will report into the Director - Marketing Legal based in Los Angeles, CA.
The successful candidate will also possess the following:
• Ability to work proactively, autonomously and reliably within tight timeframes in a fast-paced, high-performance environment
• Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills (both oral and written)
• Strong analytical capabilities and sound judgment
• Ability to think commercially, practically, independently and be solution-oriented
• Ability to deal and communicate effectively with personnel at all levels across the business
• Excellent organizational and time management skills with an ability to multitask, prioritize and meet deadlines
• Strategic interest and outlook
• High degree of professional ethics and integrity
• Flexibility to work across various projects and teams