Counsel / Manager, Labor Relations
NetflixLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
Members can watch as much as they want, anytime, anywhere, on any Internet-connected screen. Members can play, pause and resume watching, all without commercials or commitments.
Netflix seeks an experienced labor relations executive to help support our domestic and international expansion efforts.
The successful candidate will ideally have 5 years of film/TV labor relations experience, including direct experience negotiating guild and union agreements (U.S. and foreign) and providing in-house support in a television or film production company, and/or a major entertainment studio. Practical knowledge of the evolving made for new media landscapes preferred. Must also have established stellar working relationships with the ATL and BTL guilds/unions and other studio labor executives.
For clarity, the right candidate may not have spent their career primarily as a labor attorney/executive. In fact, many members of the Netflix Labor team have diverse backgrounds (e.g., production legal experience and physical production experience), and we greatly appreciate diverse perspectives.
The successful candidate will also possess the following:
• Be an effective team player
• Clear, concise communication skills
• Strong analytical skills and good judgment
• Ability to work proactively, independently and reliably under tight timeframes in a fast-paced environment
• Flexibility and solutions-driven
• Ability to think outside of the box
• Dynamic public speaking abilities
• Unconventional, creative thinking abilities
Some of the various job responsibilities include:
• Provide day to day advice in connection with the guild and union above the line and below the line agreements (compensation, pension and health, residuals, credit, working conditions, clip reuse and other issues relating to the applicable collective bargaining agreements)
• Advise internal groups on the terms of the guild and union agreements
• Advise business and legal on the applicable guild and union language for talent agreements
• Negotiate ATL and BTL guild and union agreements
• Investigate and resolve labor-related grievances
• Consult with Production HR in connection with investigations involving union-covered employees
• Train internal teams on guild and union agreements
• Oversee outside counsel on labor arbitrations or in other legal proceedings