NetflixLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
Members can watch as much as they want, anytime, anywhere, on any Internet-connected screen. Members can play, pause and resume watching, all without commercials or commitments.
We are in search of an experienced lawyer to handle a wide array of responsibilities related to Netflix's Experiences group. This role will report to the Senior Counsel of Consumer Products & Experiences. Part of the Netflix Consumer Products & Experiences team, the Experiences team at Netflix creates, develops and produces all forms of location-based entertainment. Through immersive experiences that expand and enhance stories from the screen, the Experiences team allows fans to directly interact with the Netflix portfolio of titles. Recent successes include: LA CASA DE PAPEL experience; Army of the Dead VR Experience; COVID-friendly Stranger Things Drive Into Experience; and the all-digital NAILED IT! At Home Baking Challenge.
You will be the Business & Legal Affairs point person for the Experiences team, an LA-based group that manages Experiences on a global basis. This role will look after several key areas with the Experiences team: advising on business development strategy; day-to-day production and operational legal matters (e.g., venue and vendor agreements, merchandise and food/beverage offerings, health and safety, production partnership agreements); license agreements with third-party experiences partners (e.g., Secret Cinema); and legal and risk assessments relating to marketing and creative. The role will look after all location-based entertainment activities and partner with Senior Counsel on Netflix's burgeoning legitimate stage activities. This role collaborates closely with other cross-functional partners, such as tax, accounting/finance, real estate, and other legal functions across Netflix.
In this role, you will be deeply embedded within a business function. You should be comfortable counseling business partners and making decisions that have legal and business impacts.
You will oversee a wide assortment of location-based entertainment projects: licensed experiences, self-produced activations, legitimate stage. With a deep understanding of various business models and production-related needs, you will be able to provide practical business and legal advice, move quickly and support a global, fast-moving business team. A successful candidate will bring passion, curiosity and innovation, as Netflix seeks to evolve this business area.
This role will be based in Los Angeles, with some travel to experience locations as needed.
• Partner with the global Experiences team end-to-end as business & legal affairs point person. Draft and negotiate all production and operations agreements (e.g., venue agreements; production service or vendor agreements; concessions, sponsorship and merchandise agreements; financing agreements). Provide legal review and clearance of production, creative and marketing matters (e.g., health and safety, accessibility, consumer disclosures, etc.). Advise on deal structuring and partnership arrangements.
• Collaborate with internal cross-functional partners on best practices and internal positions for rights acquisitions in the Location Based Entertainment and Live Stage spaces.
• Coordinate with other areas of the business as needed (e.g., finance, tax, risk management, labor, etc.).
• Partner with legal professionals within the Consumer Products Business & Legal Affairs group.
What we need from you:
• JD or equivalent with relevant practical experience in the Legitimate Stage or Location Based Entertainment industry. (10 years of experience preferred)
• Fluency in English; additional language skills preferred, not required.
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills. Ability to collaborate closely with business teams that are innovating new business models and partnerships.
• Ability to work proactively, independently, and reliably under tight timeframes.
• Strong analytical capabilities and judgment. Practical, risk-tolerant, and solution-oriented to achieve the best outcome for Netflix.