Counsel, Content - Japan
This was removed by the employer on 6/25/2020 5:12:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Legal and Business Affairs Category
Browse the Studio Category
Search for Counsel, Content - Japan jobs in Tokyo-TY
Search all Counsel, Content - Japan postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a Counsel, Content - Japan? Netflix is looking for a content licensing and production attorney responsible for a wide array of licensing, development and production matters related to Netflix's global content programming. The successful candidate will structure, negotiate and draft agreements necessary to commission, develop and produce local programming with local partners, license programming from producers, studios, networks and distributors, and should be extremely comfortable counseling business partners and making decisions that have both legal and business impacts.
This is an opportunity to be part of a global entertainment company with a great consumer brand and to help Netflix shape the future of television. The legal team at Netflix is focused on collaborating with its business partners to help foster innovation.
The position will be based in Tokyo.
The successful candidate will have at least 5 years of entertainment experience, with direct experience drafting licensing, rights acquisition and production agreements. Ideal candidate will have regional production and operational background, including expertise with tax credit and incentive programs, labor issues and music issues, plus a real understanding of the Japanese entertainment industry and international television distribution (including digital distribution). Experience providing in-house support strongly preferred.
Bilingual in English and Japanese required.
The successful candidate will also possess the following:
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
• Strong analytical capabilities and judgment.
• Ability to work proactively, independently and reliably under tight timeframes, and adapt quickly in an extremely fast-paced environment.
• Ability to work effectively and collaboratively cross-functionally, think practically and be solution-oriented.
• Willingness to tackle matters outside area of expertise. This job is no longer available. Click here to view current job listings.