Counsel, Consumer Products
Full Time Job
With over 200million subscribers enjoying great content in over 190 countries, it's an exciting time to work at Netflix. Netflix is in search of an experienced counsel level lawyer to handle a wide array of responsibilities related to Netflix's Consumer Products initiative. This role will report into the Senior Counsel of Consumer Products.
The Consumer Products team is working to amplify fan love around key franchises by developing new channels for consumers and communities to interact with Netflix, through physical products, programs at retail, experiences and publishing. This is a unique opportunity to be an important part of a growing Netflix initiative.
You will be the Business & Legal Affairs point person for the Consumer Products team in EMEA (Europe, UK and MidEast). The role will look after contract needs for licensees, retail marketing campaigns, collaborations with third party brands, halo/collab programs, as well as handle partner health and compliance checks, deal drafting and negotiation, creative review of product and marketing, and ongoing licensee management. Beyond the immediate Business & Legal team and our business partners in Consumer Products, you will work closely with cross-functional partners in tax, accounting/finance, participations, and other partners across legal as you assess and review deals, marketing, and product creative.
In this role, you will collaborate closely with commercial executives and licensing agencies. You should be extremely comfortable counseling business partners and making decisions that have both legal and business impacts, and should be adept at developing and fostering relationships.
A successful candidate will be familiar with doing business across Europe and the UK, and have a strong understanding of business, commercial and legal terms across a broad range of consumer product categories. You will have excellent verbal and written communication skills, are quick-thinking, adaptable to change, able to juggle multiple responsibilities at the same time and are self-motivated. You must have excellent project management skills, and the ability to work proactively, independently and reliably under tight time-frames.
This role will be based in Amsterdam, with some travel throughout Europe and the UK.
• Support the EMEA licensing and retail consumer products team end-to-end. Advise on all aspects of licensing and merchandising, including strategy, rights, manufacturing, health and safety, risk management, category management, licensee procurement, product development, and marketing. Collaborate with colleagues in the US and in other regions on global deals, or special projects.
• Assisting paralegal/rights administrator on legal issues arising from complex rights inquiries.
• Review and advise on partner marketing campaigns and creative, including review and analysis of guild/union and talent issues. Support creative and product development teams on style guide or asset creation, and issues/questions on product development (e.g., reuse of materials, compliance).
• Support other areas of the business as needed.
What We Need From You:
• Lawyer with strong transactional experience in IP licensing and/or consumer products. Fluency or comfort dealing with European advertising, marketing and privacy issues generally.
• Fluency in English; additional language skills preferred, not required (French, Spanish, German or Italian).
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills. Strong ability to collaborate closely with business teams that are innovating new sales channels, business models, and partnerships.
• Ability to work proactively, independently, and reliably under tight timeframes.
• Strong analytical capabilities and judgment. Practical, risk-tolerant, and solution-oriented to achieve the best outcome for Netflix.