Counsel, Business & Legal Affairs - India
This was removed by the employer on 5/12/2023 5:13:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Legal and Business Affairs Category
Browse the Studio Category
Search for Counsel, Business & Legal Affairs - India jobs in Mumbai-MH
Search all Counsel, Business & Legal Affairs - India postings
Full Time Job
As part of the Mumbai-based team, you will help define the Netflix brand and shape the future of entertainment in an environment where collaboration between legal and business thrives. The Mumbai team will have the opportunity to grow India into one of Netflix's leading markets.
Netflix seeks a seasoned and intellectually curious individual to join Netflix's growing Indian content initiative, focused on creating and acquiring local content in India.
The successful candidate will be a key member of the Business & Legal Affairs team and will work closely alongside creative partners, producers, and talents to structure content deals and harmonize Netflix objectives within production frameworks. The individual will be responsible for negotiating and papering deals in a fast-paced environment, build and manage robust relationships with key production partners, and implement the business and legal customs necessary to develop and produce local content for Netflix's global digital streaming service. The ideal candidate will be very comfortable driving business objectives, counseling creative partners, collaborating with global partners, and making decisions that have both business and legal impact.
The ideal candidate will welcome the opportunity to be part of a fast-paced, entrepreneurial organization and thrive in communicating in a global environment.
The successful candidate should have 6 years of broad-based experience in drafting, commercial negotiations and business understanding. Experience in liaising and negotiating with talent, production companies, and studios, media and financing will be preferred. Bilingual in English and Hindi is highly preferred.
The successful candidate will also possess the following
• Curiosity and willingness to tackle matters outside their area of expertise
• Strong analytical (strategic and creative) capabilities and judgment
• Ability to work proactively, independently and reliably under tight time frames in a fast-paced environment
• Ability to work in a small group, tackle all challenges and take initiative
• Ability to work closely with and manage outside counsel
• Ability to work effectively and collaboratively cross-functionally, think practically and be solution-oriented
• Adaptable negotiation style
• Passion for Netflix's strategy and different cultures
• Sense of humor!
include but are not limited to
• Deal structuring, contract negotiation and execution, with a focus on Original content development and production and licence agreements.
• Drafting legal agreements specific to the business needs
• Conducting industry and territory-specific research
• Working cross functionally to maintain alignment between departments
• Maintaining flexibility and openness to take on additional projects as necessary
We are an equal opportunity employer and celebrate diversity, recognizing that diversity of thought and background builds stronger teams. We approach diversity and inclusion seriously and thoughtfully. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, religion, color, place of birth, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, military service status or disability status.