Counsel, Business & Legal Affairs
NetflixLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
Counsel, Business & Legal Affairs, Animation Film
Members can watch as much as they want, anytime, anywhere, on any internet-connected screen. Members can play, pause and resume watching, all without commercials or commitments.
Netflix seeks an attorney with a desire to work in entertainment and Netflix's Animation Film initiative. The candidate will be an important member of the Business & Legal Affairs team, primarily responsible for assisting with the drafting of above-the-line talent development and production agreements. The candidate will assist the team in handling issues that arise throughout the life cycle of a project as well as spearhead special projects; arranging for timely renewals and amendments for existing agreements; and be responsible for establishing and maintaining information workflows.
The successful candidate will have at least 3 years of legal affairs experience (across any type of entertainment) working for a production company, studio or law firm.
In addition, the candidate will possess the following:
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
• Strong analytical capabilities and judgment.
• Ability to work proactively, independently and reliably under tight timeframes in a fast-paced environment.
• Ability to work effectively and collaboratively cross-functionally, think practically and be solution-oriented.
• Some experience with drafting.
• Willingness to tackle matters outside area of expertise.
• Commitment to embrace and advocate for inclusion.
• J.D. and membership in good standing in at least one state bar.