Counsel, Business & Legal Affairs
NetflixLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
Counsel, Business & Legal Affairs, Original Studio Films
Netflix seeks an experienced, film-focused attorney with excellent deal-making and drafting skills to join Netflix's Original Studio Film initiative. The candidate will be an important member of the Business & Legal Affairs team, primarily responsible for negotiating and drafting above-the-line talent development and production agreements. The candidate will also oversee production and solve issues that arise throughout the life cycle of a project.
The successful candidate will have at least 7 years of relevant business and legal affairs experience in film working for a production company, studio or law firm.
In addition, the candidate will possess the following:
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
• Strong analytical capabilities and judgment.
• Ability to work proactively, independently and reliably under tight timeframes in a fast-paced environment.
• Ability to work effectively and collaboratively cross-functionally, think practically and be solution-oriented.
• Strong industry relationships and in-depth negotiation and drafting experience.
• Willingness to tackle matters outside area of expertise.
• Commitment to embrace and advocate for inclusion.
• J.D. and membership in good standing in at least one state bar.