Counsel, Business & Legal Affairs - Original Studio Film
Full Time Job
Members can watch as much as they want, anytime, anywhere, on any internet-connected screen. Members can play, pause and resume watching, all without commercials or commitments.
Netflix seeks an experienced Manager or Counsel to join the Original Studio Film UK-based Business and Legal Affairs team to focus on day-to-day production matters related to Netflix Studio Film productions in the UK and EMEA. The successful candidate will be responsible for overseeing matters that arise throughout the physical production process and for collaborating with internal teams to coordinate, draft and review agreements necessary to produce Netflix's slate of high-profile film productions.
• Drafting and reviewing below the line and third party production agreements (e.g. physical production department head agreements, certificates of engagement, vendor/rental agreements, equipment rental agreements, aviation & drone rental agreements, watercraft agreements, construction agreements, location agreements, stage/facilities leases, post production agreements and visual effects agreements).
• Drafting and updating forms for use in connection with production related issues.
• Assisting in preparation of production documents for submission in connection with tax credit applications.
• Working with producers and production personnel on Netflix's Original Studio Film productions regarding day-to-day legal issues during prep, principal and post-production.
• Working cross functionally with Netflix's various internal partners including the Production, Business, Finance, Risk Management, Health and Safety, Real Estate teams to maintain alignment and facilitate communication between departments.
• Maintaining flexibility and openness to take on additional projects as necessary.
• The successful candidate will have approximately 2-5 years of business affairs and/or legal experience in film or television production.
• A commitment to embrace and advocate for inclusion is essential.
• Ability to work proactively, independently and reliably on multiple projects under tight timeframes in a fast-paced production environment.
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, with the ability to effectively coordinate between cross-functional teams.
• Tech-savvy individual and quick to adapt to new or changing systems.
• Comfortable counseling business partners and making decisions that have both legal and business impacts.
• Adept at developing and fostering relationships with counterparts within the relevant production communities.
• Good understanding of the UK film (or television) landscape.
The Netflix culture attracts individuals who exhibit good judgment, innovation, selflessness, courage, impact, candid communication, passion and curiosity. Our culture is a critical foundation of how we work.