Counsel, Business & Legal Affairs, Original Series - UK
Full Time Job
Members can watch as much as they want, anytime, anywhere, on any internet-connected screen. The UK is firmly established as one of the most important production hubs for Netflix with UK based productions, including The Crown, Sex Education, Bridgerton and The Witcher, watched by the world.
Netflix's Scripted Series business & legal affairs team is looking for an experienced lawyer to join the London based team responsible for supporting Netflix scripted series commissioned and/or produced in the UK.
include (but are not limited to):
• Working alongside other BLA team members on a wide range of business and legal affairs matters during the life cycle of a scripted series
• Drafting and negotiating development and commissioning agreements
• Drafting and negotiating talent agreements including writer, director, producer and cast agreements
• Drafting and negotiating underlying rights agreements
• Working with production teams to ensure legal paperwork is in compliance with Netflix requirements
• Working alongside third party production companies
• Liaising with cross functional teams to ensure alignment and efficient information flow
• Advising on any commercial issues arising from chain of title review
The ideal candidate will possess the following:
• At least 4 years of relevant experience in a media law firm, film or television production company or broadcaster and ideally English law qualified
• Working knowledge of the UK television production landscape, industry norms and union agreements
• Experience drafting and/or negotiating deals and/or contracts including some or all of the following: rights acquisition, writers, directors, cast, producers, production partners or broadcasters
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
• Strong analytical capabilities and judgment
• Ability to work proactively, independently and reliably under tight timeframes in a fast-paced environment
• Ability to work effectively and collaboratively cross-functionally, think practically and be solution-oriented
• Curiosity and willingness to tackle matters outside area of expertise
• Commitment to embrace and advocate for inclusion.
The Netflix culture attracts individuals who exhibit good judgment, innovation, selflessness, courage, impact, candid communication, passion and curiosity. The Netflix culture is the foundation of how we work.