Counsel, Business & Legal Affairs, Original Family Film / Original Independent Film
NetflixLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
Members can watch as much as they want, anytime, anywhere, on any internet-connected screen. Members can play, pause and resume watching, all without commercials or commitments.
Netflix seeks an intellectually curious attorney to join Netflix's Original Family Film/Original Independent Film division, with a focus on developing, producing and acquiring films like The Half of It, Tall Girl, Outside The Wire, and To All The Boys I've Loved Before. The candidate will be a key member of the business & legal affairs team, primarily responsible for structuring, negotiating and drafting above-the-line talent agreements, rights agreements, production services agreements and other development, production and acquisition agreements for film. The candidate must be comfortable challenging norms and finding ways to create efficiencies for this high volume team in order to remain nimble, accomplish Netflix's objectives and execute the original film and content acquisition strategies. The candidate will also be responsible for overseeing matters that arise throughout the production process. The ideal candidate must be very comfortable counseling and collaborating with internal and external business partners, producers, production counsel and production partners and making decisions that have both legal and business impact. Excellent drafting skills are a must.
The ideal candidate will welcome the opportunity to be part of a fast-paced, entrepreneurial organization and thrive in communicating in a global environment.
The successful candidate will have at least 5 years of relevant experience in film working for a production company, studio or law firm.
In addition, the candidate will possess the following:
• Curiosity and willingness to tackle matters outside their area of expertise
• Strong communication skills (including candor and honesty)
• Strong analytical (strategic and creative) capabilities and judgment
• Ability to work proactively, independently and reliably under tight time frames in a fast-paced environment
• Ability to work effectively and collaboratively cross-functionally, think pragmatically and be solution-oriented
• Adaptable negotiation style
• Passion for film and Netflix's film strategy