Counsel, Business & Legal Affairs, International Film
Full Time Job
Counsel, Business & Legal Affairs, International Film (EMEA)
With over 150 million subscribers enjoying great content in over 190 countries, it is an exciting time to work at Netflix. Our efforts have brought Netflix to virtually all countries around the globe, and as we scale our Originals programming internationally, we are looking for top-notch talent to help grow our business around the world.
Netflix seeks an intellectually curious attorney to join Netflix's London office as Counsel on the International Film team, with a focus on financing, developing, producing and acquiring non-English language indie films like Roma, Girl, On Body and Soul, Divines, The Boy Who Harnessed the Wind. The candidate will be a key member of the team and play a role in building Netflix's growing international film slate, primarily responsible for structuring, drafting and negotiating above-the-line talent agreements, development agreements, production services agreements and other production, finance, license and acquisition agreements for film. The candidate must be comfortable challenging norms and finding ways to create efficiencies for this high volume team in order to remain nimble, accomplish Netflix's objectives and execute the international film development, production and acquisition strategies. The candidate will also be responsible for overseeing matters that arise throughout the production process. The ideal candidate must be very comfortable counseling and collaborating with internal and external business partners situated around the globe, producers, production counsel and production partners and making decisions that have both legal and business impact. Excellent drafting skills are a must.
The ideal candidate will welcome the opportunity to be part of a fast-paced, entrepreneurial organization and thrive in communicating in a global environment.
The successful candidate will be legally qualified, and will have substantial experience PQE working in development and production of film and/or TV for a production company, studio, talent agency or law firm.
In addition, the candidate will possess the following:
• Curiosity and willingness to tackle matters outside their area of expertise
• Strong communication skills (candor, honesty)
• Strong analytical (strategic and creative) capabilities and judgment
• Ability to work proactively, independently and reliably under tight time frames in a fast-paced environment
• Ability to work effectively and collaboratively in a cross-functional context, think pragmatically and be solution-oriented
• Adaptable negotiation style
• Passion for international film and Netflix's film strategy
• Fluency in a language other than English is not required.