Counsel, Business & Legal Affairs, Content Acquisition - Korea
This was removed by the employer on 11/19/2019 5:12:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Legal and Business Affairs Category
Browse the Studio Category
Search for Counsel, Business & Legal Affairs, Content Acquisition - Korea jobs in Seoul-KG
Search all Counsel, Business & Legal Affairs, Content Acquisition - Korea postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a Counsel, Business & Legal Affairs, Content Acquisition - Korea?
Full Time Job
With 125 million subscribers enjoying great content in over 190 countries, it is an exciting time to work at Netflix, especially as we expand our slate of Originals programming. In 2018, Netflix will invest $8 billion in content globally and we'll continue to focus on investment in original content all over the world.
In preparation for this, Netflix seeks a seasoned and intellectually curious entertainment counsel to join Netflix's growing International Originals initiative, which is focused on creating local language content in a variety of international markets, e.g., Dark (Germany), Ingobernable (Mexico), Midnight Diner (Japan) and 3% (Brazil).
As part of the Korea business and legal affairs team, you will help define the Netflix brand and shape the future of entertainment throughout Asia, in a team environment where collaboration between legal and business thrives. The successful candidate will be a key member of the Korea business and legal affairs team team, and will work closely alongside partners, producers and local counsel to structure and negotiate production agreements and harmonize Netflix objectives within local frameworks.
The ideal candidate will welcome the opportunity to be part of a fast-paced, entrepreneurial organization and thrive in communicating in a global environment. The position will be based in Seoul, though frequent travel may be required.
The successful candidate will have 5 to 10 years of post-qualification legal experience, and broad-based entertainment experience in media production, licensing and/or distribution. Professional fluency in Korean legal language (oral and written) is strictly required.
The successful candidate will also possess the following:
• Curiosity and willingness to ask questions without fear of looking foolish
• Strong communication skills (candor, honesty, tact)
• Strong analytical (strategic and creative) capabilities and judgment
• Ability to work proactively, independently and reliably under tight time frames in a fast-paced environment
• Ability to work in a small group, tackle all challenges and take initiative
• Ability to work closely with and manage outside counsel
• Ability to work effectively and collaboratively cross-functionally, think practically and be solution-oriented
• Adaptable negotiation style
• Passion for Netflix's strategy and different cultures
• Comfortable traveling internationally and working flexible hours