Counsel, APAC Marketing Legal
Full Time Job
We are looking for an experienced, talented and passionate media/entertainment lawyer to join our APAC Marketing Legal team based in Singapore. As part of the APAC Marketing Legal team, you will help define the Netflix brand and shape the future of entertainment across the region.
Netflix is known for its creative marketing strategy and distinctive brand voice. The APAC Marketing Legal team partners with the APAC Marketing and Publicity teams to help bring Netflix's title and brand campaigns to life across the region (excluding Japan). This is a unique opportunity to join a leading media company with a great consumer brand and to help Netflix shape the future of entertainment.
The successful candidate will partner with and support the Marketing, Publicity and Communications teams in certain key regional markets and will provide assistance, as needed, to the Senior Counsel (Director), APAC Marketing Legal. Responsibilities may include: drafting and negotiating a range of commercial agreements (e.g. talent agreements, media buying agreements, services agreements, promotion agreements, licensing agreements, settlement agreements etc.); advising on local laws and regulations (e.g. marketing/advertising, intellectual property, privacy/data protection, broadcasting/media etc.); providing advice on creative concepts, copy and activations; advising on and helping navigate rights management; assisting with contentious and regulatory matters; providing legal training to business partners; and creating precedents and toolkits.
The ideal candidate will welcome the opportunity to be part of a dynamic, innovative and collaborative team, be intellectually curious, demonstrate great initiative and be excited and inspired by the Netflix culture.
The successful candidate will have 10 years of relevant post-qualification experience working as a lawyer, including a minimum of 5 years in-house at an entertainment/media company. Qualification/experience working in APAC is preferable and in more than one jurisdiction is a plus.
The successful candidate will also possess the following:
• An ability to work proactively and autonomously within tight timeframes in a fast-paced, high-performance environment
• Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills (both oral and written) with an ability to build relationships and communicate effectively across the business
• Be a strategic, commercial thinker and problem solver with strong analytical capabilities and sound judgment
• Excellent organizational and time management skills with an ability to multitask and meet deadlines
• Strong drafting and negotiation skills, including experience with cross-border transactions
• Experience and confidence briefing, managing and working with external counsel
• Flexibility to work across different time zones (e.g., Singapore, US, India, Korea, Australia etc.) and to travel on a semi-regular basis
• Thai, Chinese (Cantonese/Traditional), and/or Korean language skills are preferable but not essential
• A high degree of professional and personal ethics and integrity and an inclusive attitude
Netflix is the world's leading internet television network and is currently growing its regional presence across APAC. With more than 145 million subscribers in over 190 countries, it's an exciting time to work at Netflix.