Corporate Events Manager
This was removed by the employer on 1/22/2023 9:14:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Marketing Category
Browse the Studio Category
Search for Corporate Events Manager jobs in Mumbai-MH
Search all Corporate Events Manager postings
Full Time Job
Netflix is the world's leading streaming entertainment service in over 190 countries. Netflix aspires to provide great entertainment for people everywhere from the world's best creators across movies, TV series, documentaries, comedy and more. To support our significant growth in Asia Pacific, we are looking for an Events Manager to take the lead in developing corporate events in the region. This person will work across our regional offices in Tokyo, Singapore, Mumbai and Seoul with limited support in Bangkok, Jakarta, and Sydney. Initially, this role will be focused on building the corporate and employee event experience in APAC with an opportunity to flex into external events and publicity campaigns. The role will be based in Mumbai and report to the Events Lead, APAC based in Singapore.
About the Role
The APAC Pan-regional Events Manager operates as the leader for the corporate events function and blends strategic thinking with execution at scale. In this role, you're expected to be a self-starter, who can look 'around the corner' before issues arise. You're highly adept at communicating across all levels of the company and you possess a strong business acumen. That is, you're not only a leader for events, you should also have the ability to understand the needs of the business and have industry and Netflix-specific knowledge about how things get done and why. You should pride yourself on innovation, drawing on a large network of external partners to deliver across a wide range of events & experiences.
A successful candidate will play a key role in strategizing, executing and managing events across our offices in APAC and will work alongside stakeholders in helping to create, shape, execute and manage employee event strategy. These events include, but are not limited to, regional all-hands, officewide company meetings, large employee celebrations, recruiting events, new hire onboarding, inclusion & diversity initiatives and office-wide all-hands company meetings and celebrations. This role will be based in our Mumbai office with frequent travel to our other regional offices.
The APAC Corporate Events Manager will be responsible for leading and driving the strategy and execution across our portfolio of corporate events: regional Annual Business Review (ABR), employee events, a variety of thought-leadership panels and discussions, and regional events across APAC. As the first Corp Events hire in APAC, the Manager will be responsible for carving out the function with inputs and collaboration from across Internal Comms, Talent, Brand, External Comms, N-Tech, ERGs, Workplace, and local country leadership teams.
They will have lived and/or worked within the APAC region OR have had experience working with APAC region (particularly Tokyo, Singapore, Mumbai and/or Seoul). They are able to make wise decisions and think strategically, even when faced with ambiguity. This person can articulate what they are - and are not - trying to do with clarity and can give transparent visibility into their process. They are organized, thorough and not afraid to get their hands dirty - which means jumping in to handle tasks that range from hiring an agency, planning an event, maintaining and updating guest lists, booking a venue or working a check-in table. They will be proactive and instinctively identify new opportunities or ways of working more effectively. They will be eager to learn, rabidly curious and contribute outside of their specialty.
are varied, and they include but are not limited to:
• Overseeing projects from start to completion, including implementation planning, through rigorous application of aligned project management practices
• Sourcing and managing external vendors, agencies and production partners (e.g. event and creative agencies and online platform providers)
• Owning close partnerships with appointed agencies, and managing budgets, timelines, and project deliverables
• Supporting the broader Pan-regional team in the execution of events which operate as part of wider integrated campaigns where necessary
• Being a thought partner to key stakeholders; providing effective guidance when developing event purpose and overall strategy
• Understanding the ''big picture'' and managing objectives across all stages of event strategy, planning, design, and production.
In addition, the successful candidate will possess:
• 8 yrs of event experience that includes managing, executing and planning a wide portfolio of events of various size and scale, from 50- 1000 attendees.
• Excellent communication in English, an additional Asian language is a plus
• Knowledge of the latest tools, digital platforms and technologies to bring live, virtual, and hybrid experiences to life
• Proven Technical acumen, with the ability to articulate what is and is not required to deliver a successful, right-sized event
• An eagerness to contribute effectively outside of their speciality
• Experience working in the Asia-Pacific region with a strong network of regional agency contacts
• Strong communicator, proactively updating team members and other involved parties throughout the event cycle