Corporate Events Specialist - Korea
Full Time Job
Members can watch as much as they want, anytime, anywhere, on any internet-connected screen. Members can play, pause and resume watching, all without commercials or commitments. It's an exciting time to work at Netflix and be part of a public company with a great consumer brand and to help Netflix shape the future of entertainment.
The APAC Pan-regional Events Specialist operates as the leader for the corporate events function and blends strategic thinking with execution at scale. In this role, you're expected to be a self-starter, who can look 'around the corner' before issues arise. You're highly adept at communicating across all levels of the company and you possess strong business acumen. That is, you're not only a leader for events, you should also have the ability to understand the needs of the business and have industry and Netflix-specific knowledge about how things get done and why. You should pride yourself on innovation, drawing on a large network of external partners to deliver across a wide range of events & experiences.
The APAC Corporate Events Specialist will be responsible for leading and driving the strategy and execution across our portfolio of corporate events: regional Annual Business Review (ABR), employee events, a variety of thought-leadership panels and discussions, and regional events across APAC. As one of the first Corp Events hires in APAC, you will be responsible for carving out the function with inputs and collaboration from across Internal Comms, Talent, Brand, External Comms, N-Tech, ERGs, Workplace, and local country leadership teams.
They will have lived and/or worked within the APAC region OR have had experience working with the APAC region. They are able to make wise decisions and think strategically, even when faced with ambiguity. This person can articulate what they are - and are not - trying to do with clarity and can give transparent visibility into their process. They are organized, thorough, and not afraid to get their hands dirty - which means jumping in to handle tasks that range from hiring an agency, planning an event, maintaining and updating guest lists, booking a venue, or working a check-in table. They will be proactive and instinctively identify new opportunities or ways of working more effectively. They will be eager to learn, rabidly curious, and contribute outside of their specialty.
A successful candidate will play a key role in strategizing, executing, and managing events across our offices in APAC and will work alongside stakeholders in helping to create, shape, execute and manage employee event strategy. These events include, but are not limited to, regional all-hands, officewide company meetings, large employee celebrations, recruiting events, new hire onboarding, inclusion & diversity initiatives, and office-wide all-hands company meetings and celebrations. This role will be based in our Korea office with frequent travel to our other regional offices.
• Overseeing projects from start to completion, including implementation planning, through rigorous application of aligned project management practices
• Sourcing and managing external vendors, agencies and production partners (e.g. event and creative agencies and online platform providers)
• Owning close partnerships with appointed agencies, and managing budgets, timelines, and project deliverables
• Supporting the broader Pan-regional team in the execution of events which operate as part of wider integrated campaigns where necessary
• Being a thought partner to key stakeholders; providing effective guidance when developing event purpose and overall strategy
• Understanding the ''big picture'' and managing objectives across all stages of event strategy, planning, design, and production.
• 8 yrs of event experience that includes managing, executing, and planning a wide portfolio of events of various sizes and scales, from 50- 1000 attendees.
• Excellent communication in English, an additional Asian language is a plus
• Knowledge of the latest tools, digital platforms, and technologies to bring live, virtual, and hybrid experiences to life
• Proven Technical acumen, with the ability to articulate what is and is not required to deliver a successful, right-sized event
• An eagerness to contribute effectively outside of their specialty
• Experience working in the Asia-Pacific region with a strong network of regional agency contacts
• Strong communicator, proactively updating team members and other involved parties throughout the event cycle
• Understand, advocate, and embody the Netflix culture and team goals.
• Fluency in Korean and English.