Corporate Events Manager - APAC
Full Time Job
Are you a seasoned events leader with international experience and curiosity?
Do you pride yourself on delivering best in class corporate events?
Have you ever dreamed of taking corporate events to the next level and working strategically across a number of core business functions to strategize uniquely impactful, tailored experiences?
Have you built and managed teams of autonomous events experts while maintaining a hands-on passion for the work?
Then we may have the perfect next opportunity for you!
The successful candidate will play a key role in strategizing, executing and managing employee events across our offices in APAC. This role will be based in our Singapore office with frequent travel to our other regional offices.
The Manager will work alongside stakeholders in helping to create, shape, execute and manage employee event strategy including, but not limited to, recruiting events, new hire onboarding, Learning & Development events, Inclusion & Diversity initiatives and officewide all-hands company meetings and celebrations.
The APAC Corporate Events Manager will be able to strategize & execute as part of a varied group of internal stakeholders, as well as formulate and manage a budget.
They are able to make wise decisions and think strategically, even when faced with ambiguity. This person can articulate what they are - and are not - trying to do with clarity and can give transparent visibility into their process.
They are organized, thorough and not afraid to get their hands dirty - and that will mean jumping in to handle tasks that range from hiring an agency, planning an event, maintaining and updating guest lists, booking a venue or working a check-in table.
They will be proactive and instinctively identify new opportunities or ways of working more effectively. They will be eager to learn, rabidly curious and contribute outside of their specialty.
They will collaborate with partners that range from Human Resource Business Partners to Workplace Services.
A good fit in the role will be someone with a candid and direct communication style; they are unafraid to acknowledge and learn from mistakes and will question values inconsistent with our values.
This role reports to the Director of Global Corporate Events based in Los Gatos, California.
are varied, extensive and timely. They will include but are not limited to:
• Building and fostering key cross-functional relationships
• Being a strategic thought partner for key stakeholders to provide effective guidance when developing event purpose and overall event strategy
• Ability to see the ''big picture'' and manage objectives in all stages of event strategy, planning, design, and production.
• Oversees projects from start to completion, including implementation planning, through rigorous application of aligned project management practices
• Managing and projecting budgets for all related events
• Provide strategic and informed guidance to team members for the flawless execution of events
• Informs and updates team members and other involved parties throughout the event cycle.
In addition, the successful candidate will possess:
• 8 yrs of event experience that includes managing, executing and planning a wide portfolio internal employee, leadership and Talent Acquisition events of various size and scale, from 50- 1000 attendees.
• Direct experience managing teams in a dynamic, fast-paced and growing environment, with a demonstrated ability to lead, coach and grow a team is essential.
• Tech or entertainment industry experience, as well as additional language skills besides fluent English, are big pluses.