Coordinator, VFX Operations
NetflixLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
As a Visual Effects Operations Coordinator at Netflix, you will be responsible for providing direct support to our VFX Managers for all areas of operations. You will serve as a liaison between Netflix VFX teams and external production partners to assist in onboarding and delivery. To be successful in the opportunity, you'll need to have a understanding of vfx/production/post production workflows, the ability to lead the onboarding process, communicate challenges back to the development teams, and bring innovation to improve well established workflows.
• Assist in the delivery of VFX media and archival VFX assets from external production partners to the Netflix ecosystem.
• Liaise with both the internal and external VFX teams and partner with Netflix's internal delivery teams to ensure successful onboarding of shows and VFX personnel into the Netflix ecosystem.
• Maintain, update, track and manage VFX assets and paperwork delivery to Netflix.
• Work with the Netflix Asset Management team as they audit completion/delivery of VFX materials during prep, production, archive and wrap.
• Liaise with internal VFX team and production partners as they move into delivery stage, and coordinate with the Asset Management team to schedule and prioritize upload to Netflix Content Hub of archive digital assets swiftly, accurately and securely.
• Align with internal cross-functional teams around VFX operational efforts.
• Create and maintain Cinesync/Shotgun accounts for Netflix VFX Team.
• Maintain Best Practices and onboarding Documentation.
• 2 years of experience in motion picture visual effects and/or animation production.
• Experience with Shotgun/RV, Cinesync and Filemaker preferred.
• Understanding of current vfx creation and delivery workflows and how technology is used (and could be used in future) to facilitate best practices.
• The communication skills to clearly articulate and document technical processes.
• Working knowledge of various file formats used in Film & Video post-production.
• Prior experience with production side delivery in a VFX production environment.
• Working knowledge of data management, and content security best practices.
• Ability to learn new technologies quickly and with minimal guidance.
• Thrives on technical challenges and takes pride in solving them.
• Strategic thinking both technically and business-wise.
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
• Proven ability to work independently with minimal supervision; must be a self-motivated self-starter that can initiate ideas.
• Strong ability to dive into the unknown and create clarity amid chaos.
• Experience with supporting people remotely.
• Flexible amid an ever-changing and growing environment.
Netflix is the world's leading internet entertainment service with over 151 million paid memberships in over 190 countries enjoying TV series, documentaries and feature films across a wide variety of genres and languages. Members can watch as much as they want, anytime, anywhere, on any internet-connected screen. Members can play, pause and resume watching, all without commercials or commitments.