Coordinator, Trade Compliance
NetflixLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
With over 151 million paid subscribers enjoying great content in over 190 countries, it's an exciting time to work at Netflix. Trade Compliance has become headline news, and as Netflix continues to rapidly expand across the globe we are looking for a talented individual to join our growing Trade Compliance team as a Coordinator. In this role, you will have responsibility for helping to support the business by ensuring Netflix is able to quickly get an incredible breadth of technologies and goods where they need to be in a manner that is consistent with applicable laws and regulations.
At Netflix, we strive to be extremely straightforward. You are not someone who is content with the status quo. You are innovative, inclusive, curious, flexible, have a demonstrated ability to improve on existing workflows and are totally comfortable with a high degree of ambiguity. You aren't afraid of acronyms like AES, EAR, HTS, ECCN, ITAR, GTM and CCATS. In fact, you love them and can do classifications in your sleep. In short, you're the kind of person who reads the Netflix Culture Memo and can't wait to do trade compliance at a company like this.
This Coordinator position is based in Los Angeles. The role is part of a team with primary responsibility for helping employees across the company understand and comply with the legal and regulatory frameworks of all countries in which the company and its production partners operate (with an emphasis on anti-corruption, trade compliance, and antitrust/competition laws). Plan on making an impact, and having a lot of fun with our lean but growing team along the way!
• Perform import (HTSUS) and export (EAR, ECCN) tariff classifications through the use of Customs rulings, U.S. Export Administration Regulations, and analysis
• Update and maintain the Tariff Classification and Customs Entry Databases
• Oversee the maintenance of import/export documentation (commercial invoices, entry paperwork, licenses, permits, CCATS and HTS rulings, etc)
• Maintain Netflix's internal library of trade compliance guidance, training, and trade operations workflows
• Work cross-functionally to help inform business decisions
• Assess opportunities to enhance efficiencies and optimize workflows
• Administer our global trade management system (including denied party screening)
• A minimum of 3-5 years of relevant working experience as an exporter, in consultancy, with a Customs broker/freight forwarder, or in a similar industry position dealing with trade and customs matters; bonus points for prior work at (or for) a major studio
• Firm grasp of the EU-Dual-Use regulations and US-EAR regulations
• Experience using and/or implementing GTM systems as part of the classification, licensing, export management, denied party screening, and/or self-assessment program, including experience with system testing and training
• Strong technical skills with the ability to conduct in-depth reviews and analyses of import/export data using tools like Microsoft Excel and Airtable
• Excellent written and oral communication skills (you're able to tailor messages in a clear and concise manner to both technical and non-technical audiences)
• Superior organizational skills, extraordinary attention to detail, and a mindset that processes can always be improved
• Ability to maintain a positive, constructive attitude in ambiguous situations and to manage complexity and high pressure in a productive manner
• Knack for making trade compliance fun and approachable