Coordinator, Screening Operations
NetflixLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
The Screening Operations team manages and operates Netflix's in-house Exhibition & Review Facilities across the globe. The team supports various clients, including Post-Production, Content Creative, Publicity, Awards, Talent Relations, and VFX, and directly interfaces with filmmakers, talent, and Animation Studio personnel working on Netflix Original content. Screening Operations facilitates a range of services: from reviews of in-progress material in post-production environments to external-facing showcases in a theatrical setting, our facilities feature groundbreaking latest technologies (DolbyAtmos, DolbyVision, large-scale display solutions) and are maintained to deliver best-in-class presentation. The team is committed to the preservation of creative intent and strives toward faithful reproduction of picture and sound while providing exceptional care to talent and filmmakers.
As a Coordinator on our Screening Operations team, you will be at the center of the operations. Acting as the face of the department, the Coordinator is the first point of contact for client requests and leads all communications. Keeping all the moving pieces aligned, the Coordinator ties together screening technicians, screening rooms, and screening assets for each request to ensure a successful event.
In this role, you will be impactful by:
• Prioritizing the customer and end-user. This is primarily a customer service role serving various teams across multiple organizations. We are looking for a candidate who is able to anticipate client needs and takes pride in providing an excellent customer experience, acting as a guide to shepherd the client from booking to event conclusion. This includes identifying and determining client needs for each incoming request and involving the necessary cross-functional partners to attain a successful, well-supported screening.
• Setting expectations and strategy for engagement. This team can't be everywhere at once, so you will own calendar management, project assignments, and prioritization of tasks that the team is accountable for so all the bases are covered. You will be a key partner to our teammates in Post Production Management, Publicity, Awards, Content Acquisition, and Events to coordinate screening requests ranging from QC Sessions, Color-Critical Reviews, and Director's Cut reviews to Premieres, Press Screenings, and Talent Screenings.
• Fostering trusting and collaborative relationships with screening stakeholders. We want the experiences in our spaces to be world-class and authentic to the audiences they delight, and be able to course correct when we don't get it right. You will identify where things fall short and celebrate the things that work, all while keeping transparency and feedback top of mind.
• Cultivating rapport and relationships with cross-functional partners. Our team collaborates with multiple teams across Netflix to ensure the best possible screening experience as well as appropriate maintenance and repair work. These relationships are integral to providing our clients with an amazing event experience. You easily develop relationships with people from multiple backgrounds and teams, and know how to effectively collaborate to ensure every aspect needed to keep a screening running smoothly.
• Embracing technology and all the joys that come with it! While prior knowledge of screening technology is not required, you are inquisitive and excited to learn. From documenting the equipment we need for a screening to interfacing with various engineering teams and resources to properly manage scheduled calibrations and maintenance of screening rooms, you are proactive in ensuring that our technical needs are met time and time again.
• Personifying Netflix culture. Embracing the values of our company can be challenging, but you will rise to the occasion by participating in giving/receiving feedback, prioritizing candor and transparency in your communications, using data and technology to optimize your time, and using your natural curiosity to push yourself out of your comfort zone.
In this role, you will be expected to know:
• Effective communication. Both your written and verbal communication skills are top-notch, and you are clear, comprehensive, and precise. You know how to cultivate understanding and how to clear up any miscommunication quickly and directly. You are comfortable communicating with all persons regardless of title or team and strive to treat all interactions equally.
• Presentations and Training. You know how to develop an engaging and informative presentation deck, and how to present the data and information in an interesting and entertaining manner. You enjoy educating and guiding your viewers through the material whether your audience is composed of one person or 100 people.
• Computer and Office Suite Familiarity. You are comfortable with word processing, spreadsheets, and slides; familiarity with Google Suite a plus. You're comfortable asking questions and learn new software quickly.
• Scheduling. You enjoy playing both calendar and technician tetris, and coordinating the logistics of multiple screenings happening across multiple locations in multiple time zones sounds fun!
• Customer Service. You are exceptionally skilled at remaining poised, collected, and making a client feel like they are the main priority while multiple other things are happening simultaneously. You can be quick, concise, tactful and thoughtful regardless of the situation (or audience).
• How to find the answers. You must be comfortable working in a technically-minded environment and able to answer questions about technical specifications, workflows, and technical requirements (or at the least point someone in the right direction or know who to ask to get the answer). Your natural curiosity and desire to learn will keep pushing you outside your comfort zone. Experience in production, post-production, and/or project management is a plus.
• How to work quickly, creatively, and precisely while remaining flexible. Screening Operations fields an impressive number and variety of requests. You are adept at addressing multiple complex and competing priorities and precisely tracking all details for each event - while maintaining an ability to pivot at a moment's notice when an event changes or cancels. You know how to multitask, stay organized, and share your methods with teammates so nothing falls through the cracks.
• Critical thinking and problem solving. Facilitating finding solutions to competing requests for screening facilities and figuring out the best allocation of technician resources is energizing and intriguing. You love puzzles and are great at proposing multiple solutions quickly!