Coordinator, Screening Operations
NetflixLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
This is an opportunity to have a direct impact by defining and designing how a modern, innovative, and forward-thinking creative service operates. Netflix is also a tech company, and as such, you will help create tools and applications, and participate in our efforts to optimize our ever-growing business.
The Screening Coordinator is at the center of the operations. Keeping all the moving pieces aligned, the Coordinator ties together screening technicians, screening rooms, and screening assets for each request to ensure a successful event. As the face of the department, the Coordinator is the first point of contact for client requests and leads all communications.
In This Role, You Will:
• Identify and determine client needs for each incoming request and involve the necessary parties to attain a successful, well-supported screening.
• Liaise with Post Production Management / Originals Publicity / Awards / Content Acquisition / Events to coordinate viewing events ranging from QC Sessions, Color-Critical Reviews, and Director's Cut reviews to Premieres, Press Screenings, and Talent Screenings.
• Manage the Calendars of Netflix's screening rooms and technical review spaces.
• Assign projection personnel to ensure proper coverage for all screening needs within schedule parameters.
• Receive, download, transport, and load screening assets.
• Foster trusting and collaborative relationships with screening stakeholders.
• Interface with various engineering resources to properly manage scheduled calibrations and maintenance of Screening Rooms.
• 5 years experience in scheduling / coordination / project management / customer service.
• Experience facilitating events within a fast-paced, rapidly changing, time sensitive environment.
• Exceptionally skilled at remaining poised, collected, and making a client feel like they are the main priority while multiple other things are happening simultaneously.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills. You are quick, concise, tactful and thoughtful.
• Detail oriented, organized, and data driven.
• Curious, innovative, eager to learn!
• Production, post-production, and/or project management experience is a plus.
The successful candidate will play a key role in strategizing, executing, and managing various screenings per day, taking place in numerous locations and across multiple time zones. You are able to quickly prioritize and effectively execute several simultaneously competing demands. You are comfortable working in a technically-minded environment and able to answer questions about specs, workflows, and technical requirements. This is primarily a customer service role serving varied teams across multiple organizations. We are looking for a candidate who is able to anticipate needs and takes pride in providing an excellent customer experience.
Netflix is driving new industry standards in the promotion of new technologies such as immersive sound, HDR, and groundbreaking display technologies. As the creative work on Netflix Originals evolves to engage with these new standards, the demand to review content in an immersive, technically accurate, and creatively engaging environment grows. The Screening Operations Team facilitates a variety of in-house screenings in Netflix's screening rooms, theaters, and other technical review spaces while providing exceptional service to Netflix's Content Creative teams and the filmmakers working on our shows. The number of such rooms that the team maintains and operates is increasing at a rapid pace with multiple new screening rooms coming online not only in Los Angeles, but also around the world in Netflix's global offices. The team is committed to cultivating a creative environment, fostering filmmakers' joy, and preserving artistic intent throughout the exhibition process.