Coordinator, Public Policy
Full Time Job
Coordinator, Public Policy - Content Regulation Compliance
it's an exciting time to work at Netflix. The Public Policy team at Netflix is based around the globe and proactively manages the company's relationship with government officials and advises the company on regulatory matters. Additionally, the team engages with governments on a variety of issues and initiatives that materially impact our business or our members in hopes of setting Netflix up for success and growth around the world. The EU's Audiovisual Media Services Directive (AVMSD) sets out EU legislation implemented in all EU member states on all audiovisual media where Public policy is engaging with local stakeholders to ensure fair and equitable rules and their application. We are seeking an experienced Coordinator who will be responsible for supporting Public Policy (reporting to EU Media and AVMS Policy position), in the compliance with these rules once put in place whilst also being a key point of support for teams (e.g. legal, content & finance) around the organization.
The successful candidate will have broad responsibility for tracking and coordinating the tactical details of the company's AVMSD compliance strategy, and will be self-motivated, quick-thinking, flexible and able to juggle multiple and diverse responsibilities with a strong emphasis on organization and an unwavering attention to detail. This is a demanding and fast-paced role that requires curiosity and significant initiative.
• External routine communication with regulators to ensure timely compliance once the rules and their application are in place.
• Overseeing the calendar of all the compliance deadlines and tasks to make sure all the involved teams stay on track for compliance.
• Overseeing and preparing individual compliance submissions by sourcing input from all the relevant teams.
• Effective understanding of legal documents and the European audiovisual production ecosystem to source, update and coordinate internal teams involved in compliance.
• Liaising with all cross-functional teams in legal, content & finance and serving as the go-to point of contact for AVMSD compliance.
• Proactively bringing up issues impacting compliance with existing obligations to the relevant teams.
• Proactively engage with business content teams to assist decision-making on investments based on existing obligations and financial forecasts
• Maintaining flexibility and openness to take on additional projects as necessary.
• Organize, log, and maintain accurate data regarding the compliance submissions.
• Work closely with engineering teams across the company to help build and test relevant compliance related tools (as needed).
• Maintain internal AVMSD documents and prepare summaries of legal research.
• Proactively learning about the company's innovation efforts for AVMSD compliance and updating cross-functional partners.
• Prior experience (5 years) with regulatory compliance and administration (ideally in the space of media & entertainment regulation on EU or individual country specific level)
• Content-related work experience in media and research and data analytic experience positively valued.
• Professional written and verbal communication skills in English and one more language (ideally Dutch or French).
• Paralegal or similar Academic degree in an area related to the position (e.g. legal, administration, media) positively valued.
• High level of organization, detail orientation, ability to time-manage across multiple deadlines and a mindset that processes can always be improved; strong critical thinking and operational skills
• Team-player who thrives in a fast paced, team-oriented setting
• Flexibility and willingness to provide administrative support on a broad range of regulatory matters (including preparing summaries of legal research).
• Tech-savvy individual, quick to adapt to new or changing systems, with proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and Google Suite.
• Ability to be discrete and maintain confidential information.
• Willingness to tackle matters outside area of expertise.
• Understand, advocate, and embody the Netflix culture and team goals.