Coordinator, Production Strategy & Sourcing
NetflixLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
Members can watch as much as they want, anytime, anywhere, on any internet-connected screen. Members can play, pause and resume watching, all without commercials or commitments.
As a Coordinator on the Production Strategy and Sourcing team, you will be joining a core group of people who support Physical Production and our data-driven vendor initiatives.
• Utilize internal applications (e.g., Tableau) to source, cleanse and analyze historical vendor spend data
• Collaborate with Production Finance, Product, and other stakeholders (e.g., Data Science Engineering) to source, forecast and share vendor spend data
• Research vendors in the physical production landscape and write assessments on the vendor's current operations/offerings, Netflix's historical reliance on the vendor, and potential partnership opportunities
• Perform rebate scenario and ad-hoc analyses to support vendor assessments and proposals and better understand the production vendor landscape
• Updating presentations, trackers, and other deliverables to ensure they reflect the latest information, and identify improvements to our workflow
• Help engage vendors and negotiate partnership agreements, as needed
• Review and collaborate on vendor agreements and mutually-beneficial terms
• Track and monitor receipt of corporate and production rebates and reconcile vendor and internal datasets, as needed
• Analyze and compare vendor pricing via the collection of quotes, invoices and POs, and KPIs (e.g., number of productions serviced, subrental rate, etc.) to inform vendor engagement and management decisions, as needed
• Understand and communicate current order placement, invoicing and other production workflows (e.g., crew gear / speciality rentals) to identify opportunities to improve and standardize
• Candidates are required to be highly analytical and be strong, effective communicators.
• Ideal candidates will have experience in production finance, and/or studio finance & operations
• The successful candidate must display initiative in anticipating and exceeding the business demands of senior-level business managers.
• This person must thrive in a fast-paced, ambiguous environment and exhibit the highest personal and professional standards of integrity and ethics
• Candidates must be able to analyze large datasets and communicate any gaps, questions, and/or assumptions in a concise and clear manner to accomplish their intent
• Netflix is fast-growing with a flat organizational structure, which means that employees are often asked to perform tasks with a range of difficulties. Candidate must be motivated, disciplined, and able to work effectively autonomously and understand when to ask necessary questions
• 5 years of experience in production finance, studio finance and/or operations, management consulting, investment banking, or Big 4 accounting is preferred
• Working knowledge of Tableau software and how to extract, modify, and visualize data via the application is strongly preferred
• A strong understanding of Business-to-Business (B2B) operations and customer-vendor relationships is required
• Experience conducting quantitative and qualitative financial and operational analyses and working with complex and unstructured datasets
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• An appetite to drive impact individually and as a team member
• Bachelor's degree with emphasis on coursework in Business, Finance, or Economics and/or equivalent work experience with that area of focus