Coordinator, Production Management, Live Action
Full Time Job
We are seeking an experienced Coordinator, Production Management to help manage both internal and third-party co-productions of Netflix Originals titles from a physical production perspective. Responsibilities include establishing and curating vendor & staff/crew relations, ensuring all Production Management deadlines are established and met, assisting the Production Management team with administration, reviewing budgets and supporting/suggesting best practices from pre-production through delivery. Together, this team is responsible for supervising all aspects of the physical production processes across the Netflix Originals Live Action Japan slate.
Members can watch as much as they want, anytime, anywhere, on any internet-connected screen.
A successful candidate will be self-motivated, proactive, quick-thinking, flexible, able to pivot when necessary, thorough and able to juggle multiple and diverse responsibilities with a strong emphasis on organization and an unwavering attention to detail at all times. This is a demanding and fast moving position that requires someone who is a proactive and positive thinker, and able to exercise good judgment and initiative while working with a high volume production slate.
Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Set up, schedule and coordinate initial kick off and ongoing production meetings for internal and partner-produced co-productions
• Assist with identification and curation of experienced, high-quality production staff and crew
• Coordinate the onboarding process for production companies and freelance producers to the Netflix ecosystem, tools, and resources
• Update and maintain inward and outward-facing production resources and documents
• Research, curate, and develop relationships with vendors, while continually analyzing cost efficiencies
• Assist productions and executives in planning and coordinating travel
• Provide translation and interpretation support
• Any other duties as necessary to support the productions and the department
• Experience with long-form production management in the local Japanese production ecosystem is a plus
• Ability to handle a fast paced environment, simultaneously supporting several projects in various phases of production (from evaluation to production through delivery)
• Access to an extensive roster of high-quality local vendors and crew/creative talent across the region is a plus
• Ability to respond after hours for important, timely or urgent matters
• Team-player who operates in a fast-paced team-oriented and cross-functional setting
• Ability to be discreet and maintain confidential information
• Understanding of how to prioritize and respond accordingly while being an effective communicator
• Willingness to continue learning to ensure understanding of current production process and equipment.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills and the ability to multitask
• Proficiency in Google Ecosystem (including Google Docs, Sheets, Slides, Mail and Drive)
• Willingness to take educated risks and think out of the box
• Willingness to travel across the region to help set up productions
• Excellent written and verbal communication in English, and fluency in Japanese
Netflix Japan will not accept unsolicited resumes or applications from recruitment agencies, and we will not be responsible for any related fees. Please do not forward resumes to our career page or employees.