Coordinator, Post Production - Nonfiction
Full Time Job
We are seeking an experienced Post Production expert to work as part of a dynamic team to oversee a wide range of shows including Documentary, Reality, Factual, Entertainment and Comedy live events.
A successful candidate will be self-motivated, proactive, quick-thinking, flexible, able to pivot when necessary, thorough and able to juggle multiple and diverse responsibilities with a strong emphasis on organisation and an unwavering attention to detail at all times. This is a demanding and fast moving position that requires someone who is a proactive and positive thinker, a highly effective communicator and able to exercise good judgment and initiative.
This role will support Post Managers, Production Managers and Creative Execs internally, whilst also being a key point of support for external production partners. Collaborative working is a must for this role, with a need to liaise with many internal specialist teams to ensure our content is maintained at the highest standards and to deadlines. A strong technical understanding of all things post and great logistical skills are core.
Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Track and oversee all post schedules, keeping things up to date and well communicated
• Set up and manage cut viewings for internal Creative Execs
• Set up and attend post production calls and meetings as needed
• Key point of contact for post with both internal and external teams throughout the process from pitch to delivery
• Coordinate with internal Specialists with onboarding new projects and as needed through the delivery process - i.e QC, localisation teams, archiving assets, etc
• Manage Publicity and Marketing requests and assets
• Update and manage all relevant information in internal databases - including show info, talent, locations and rates, etc
• Set up key creative approval sessions when necessary (i.e mix, grade reviews, etc)
• Set up and schedule legal clearance reviews with Legal Department
• Introduce Screenings and Publicity teams to Production Partners as required
• Support the post managers reviewing schedules, budgets, quotes, workflows as required
• Keeping up to date with Netflix tools, specs and technologies
• Organise swag as required
• Attend post events, shows and meetings as required, representing Netflix at the highest standard at all times
• Several years experience working in Post Production on high end broadcast documentaries and/or unscripted content - in either a project supervising or managerial role
• Experience in a fast paced environment overseeing several projects in various points of production (from development through delivery)
• Familiar with the current trends and workflows for both UHD/4K and HDR
• Ability to respond after hours for important, timely or urgent matters
• Team-player who operates in a fast paced team-oriented setting
• Ability to be discrete and maintain confidential information
• Understanding of how to prioritise and respond accordingly
• Desire and self motivation to continuously learn
• Strong written and verbal communication skills and the ability to multi-task
• Proficiency in Google Suite and budgeting software would be advantageous
Whether you spend Friday nights catching up on Chef's Table, Queer Eye or Our Planet, hiding under blankets with a true crime docuseries, or doubled over with laughter from the latest stand up specials, Netflix Nonfiction is the group behind some of your favorite shows. With over 450 branded titles reaching 130 million members in 190 countries and counting, Netflix Nonfiction is an award winning team utilizing a multitude of workflows and formats and launching new titles every week.