Coordinator, Post Production, Live Action - Japan
Full Time Job
We are seeking an experienced Post Production Coordinator based in Japan to help manage both internal and third party co-productions from a post perspective with both scripted and unscripted series. This person will establish and curate vendor and editorial crew relations, review budgets and support/suggest best practices for post from the moment content is collected through delivery.
Together, this team is responsible for supervising all aspects of production with our Japanese Originals team.
A successful candidate will be self-motivated, proactive, quick-thinking, flexible, able to pivot when necessary, thorough, and able to juggle multiple and diverse responsibilities with a strong emphasis on organization and unwavering attention to detail at all times.
This is a demanding and fast-moving position that requires someone who is a proactive and positive thinker, and able to exercise good judgment and initiative. The role will be focused on supporting non-English series that are shot and finished throughout Japan. Fluency in both Japanese/English and basic knowledge and understanding of scripted and/or unscripted workflow required.
Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Track and manage all post schedules, keeping stakeholders apprised of the status
• Set up and manage dailies and cut viewing access for shows
• Coordinate with Distribution Specialists with onboarding new projects
• Update and manage internal database/trackers
• Manage Publicity and Marketing requests and assets
• Maintain and curate the preferred vendor list for dailies, motion graphics, and finishing
• Maintain and analyze vendor bids
• Research and maintain preferred post staff
• Set up and attend key creative approval sessions such as final dub playbacks, VFX reviews, or color correction reviews
• Set up and schedule legal clearance reviews with Legal Department
• Schedule and attend Netflix screenings, previews, premieres, etc.
• Collaborate with show post on setting up theater, arranging engineering when necessary, and rehearsing the content when applicable
• BA/BS Degree
• 3 Years as a Post Production Supervisor or Manager working in scripted or unscripted content.
• 3 years of experience within a medium to high budget studio, network or high volume production company
• Ability to handle a fast-paced environment supervising several projects in various points of production (from development through delivery)
• Familiar with the current trends and workflows for both UHD/4K and HDR
• Ability to respond after hours for important, timely or urgent matters
• Team-player who operates in a fast-paced team-oriented setting
• Ability to be discrete and maintain confidential information
• Understanding of how to prioritize and respond accordingly
• Willingness to continue learning to ensure understanding of current post process
• Strong written and verbal communication skills and the ability to multi-task
• Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, Movie Magic Budgeting, Google Docs, Google Sheets, Google Slides and Google Mail
• Working knowledge of UHD/4K cameras, UHD/4K workflows, Avid, Final Cut Pro, Premiere, Resolve, Baselight, Nucoda, Pablo Rio, After Effects, ProTools, IMF, DCP
• Professional working knowledge of English and Japanese languages