Coordinator, Post Production, Branded Acquisitions
Full Time Job
Our Post Production team in Madrid is seeking an experienced Post Production Coordinator to help manage the Post Production process for both internal and third party co-productions for scripted, unscripted series, and Branded Acquisitions content.
This person will establish and curate vendor and editorial crew relations, review budgets, and support/suggest best Post Production workflow practices from development through delivery. This team is responsible for participating in each stage of production with our International Originals team. From a Branded Acquisitions perspective, this will require interfacing with Production partners, building and maintaining schedules, and executing the necessary vendor-facing steps to bring licensed content up to our streaming specifications.
A successful candidate will have at least five (5) years of post-production experience, be self-motivated, proactive, quick-thinking, flexible, able to pivot when necessary, thorough and able to juggle multiple and diverse responsibilities with a strong emphasis on organization and an unwavering attention to detail at all times.
This is a demanding and fast moving position that requires someone who is a proactive and positive thinker, and able to exercise good judgment and initiative. The role will be focused on supporting non-English series that are shot and finished throughout Spain. Proficiency in Spanish is required.
Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Track and manage all post schedules, keeping stakeholders apprised of status
• Set up and manage dailies and cut viewing access for shows
• Coordinate with Distribution Specialists with onboarding new projects
• Update and manage internal database/trackers
• Manage Publicity and Marketing requests and assets
• Maintain and curate preferred vendor list for dailies, motion graphics and finishing
• Maintain and analyze vendor bids
• Research and maintain preferred post staff
• Set up and attend key creative approval sessions such as final dub playbacks, VFX reviews or color correction reviews
• Set up and schedule legal clearance reviews with Legal Department
• Collaborate with show post on setting up theater, arranging engineering when necessary, and rehearsing the content when applicable
• Work with external Post Production team or Content Provider on defining key post workflows such as camera capture, master delivery assets, and final archive in a 4K environment
• Onboard External Productions to Internal Netflix tools
• BA/BS Degree
• 5 Years as an experienced Post or Production Coordinator (or similar) on a freelance or staff basis, supporting independent-to-medium budget studio, major production company, and/or network series and films..
• Ability to handle a fast paced environment supervising several projects in various points of production (from development through delivery)
• Familiar with the current trends and workflows for both UHD/4K and HDR
• Ability to respond after hours for important, timely or urgent matters
• Team-player who operates in a fast paced team-oriented setting
• Ability to be discrete and maintain confidential information
• Understanding of how to prioritize and respond accordingly
• Willingness to continue learning to ensure understanding of current post process
• Strong written and verbal communication skills and the ability to multi-task
• Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, Movie Magic Budgeting, Google Docs, Google Sheets, Google Slides and Google Mail
• Working knowledge of UHD/4K cameras, UHD/4K workflows, Avid, Final Cut Pro, Premiere, Resolve, Baselight, Nucoda, Pablo Rio, After Effects, ProTools, IMF, DCP
• English and Spanish fluency required, Portuguese proficiency a plus.