Coordinator, Post Production, Branded Acquisitions - Splatam
NetflixLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
Coordinator, Post Production, Branded Acquisitions (Local) - SPLATAM (Los Angeles)
We are seeking an experienced Post Production Coordinator to help manage the necessary protocols for Branded Acquisitions content into the Netflix catalogue from a post perspective.
The role will require skilled communication with approved vendors, interfacing with Production partners, building and maintaining schedules, executing the necessary vendor-facing steps to bring licensed content up to our streaming specifications, and supporting/suggesting best practices for post from the moment content is collected through delivery. Together, this team is responsible for supervising all aspects of post production with our International Originals team.
Fueled by the broad appeal of being able to instantly enjoy unlimited movies and TV shows, Netflix has grown to have over 148 million streaming members globally. With this international expansion and a move into licensing content in global markets, it's a great time to join Netflix.
The Coordinator's responsibility is to balance the License terms and launch schedule of Netflix against the technical and creative realities of the production in an effort to protect Brand and Content. Due to the high volume of titles in varying states of Production, qualities that are emphasized are good judgment, calm under pressure, flexibility, strong verbal and written communication, and good time management. A successful candidate will be self-motivated, proactive, quick-thinking, flexible, able to pivot when necessary, thorough and able to juggle multiple and diverse responsibilities with a strong emphasis on organization and an unwavering attention to detail at all times. This is a demanding and fast moving position that requires someone who is a proactive and positive thinker, and able to exercise good judgment and initiative. The role will be focused on supporting Spain and Latin American-region content that is usually produced throughout international territories with local talent and producers.
Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Technical review of show, work with Engineering Team, external Post production team on defining key post workflows such as camera capture, master delivery, final archive - mostly for 4K
• Onboard External Productions to Internal Netflix tools and implement dailies workflow via Pix
• Work with Post Supervisors to prepare and vet show budgets and schedules, providing feedback internally and externally on viability and risks
• Create/Help inform and draft post schedule
• Troubleshoot and communicate all changes to schedule to internal/external teams
• Help maintain/curate preferred vendor list
• Maintain open communication with vendors to ensure proper delivery
• Set up and schedule legal clearance reviews with Legal Department
• Schedule and attend Netflix screenings, previews, premieres, etc.
• Assist manager in collaboration with show post on setting up theater, arranging engineering when necessary, and rehearsing the content when applicable
• Coordinate with content partners and buyers to incorporate Netflix branding
• Bilingual proficiency in English and Spanish required
• BA/BS Degree
• 5 Years as an experienced Post Coordinator/Scheduler, supporting an independent-to-medium budget studio or major production company, on network series and/or feature films
• Ability to travel frequently to international post production offices
• Experience working with teams who do not speak English fluently
• Ability to handle a fast paced environment coordinating several projects in various points of production (from development through delivery)
• Familiarity with the current trends and workflows for both HD and 4K
• Ability to respond after hours for important, timely or urgent matters
• Team-player who operates in a fast paced, team-oriented setting
• Ability to be discrete and maintain confidential information
• Understanding of how to prioritize and respond accordingly
• Willingness to continue learning to ensure understanding of current Post processes
• Strong written and verbal communication skills and the ability to multi-task
• Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, Google Docs, Google Sheets, Google Slides and Google Mail
• Familiarity with Avid, Premiere, Resolve, Movie Magic Budgeting is a plus