Coordinator, Physical Production, Nonfiction Series
NetflixLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
Netflix is seeking a Production Coordinator to support the Physical Production team in Global Original Nonfiction Series. Responsibilities include coordinating internal technologies and tools, document distribution, communication flow and supporting best practices from pre-production through delivery. This position will report into the Manager of Nonfiction Physical Production in Hollywood, while working closely with third party production companies, freelance crews and our cross-functional teams within Netflix. Together, this team is responsible for supervising all aspects of Nonfiction production.
Netflix is the world's leading internet entertainment service with more than 150 million paid memberships in over 190 countries enjoying TV series, documentaries and feature films across a wide variety of genres and languages. Members can watch as much as they want, anytime, anywhere, on any internet-connected screen. Members can play, pause and resume watching, all without commercials or commitments.
A successful candidate will be passionate about production, self-motivated, quick-thinking, flexible, able to pivot when necessary, thorough and able to juggle multiple and diverse responsibilities, with a strong emphasis on organization and an unwavering attention to detail at all times. This is a demanding and fast moving position that requires someone who is a proactive and positive thinker, and able to exercise good judgment and communication while working with a high volume production slate.
• Work in tandem with physical production executives to onboard and support global original nonfiction series.
• Serve as a bridge between productions and internal Netflix teams to ensure both sides receive pertinent updates in a timely manner.
• Set up, schedule and coordinate initial kick off and ongoing production meetings for internal and partner produced productions.
• Maintain a comprehensive knowledge of the Netflix app ecosystem, embrace new technologies and actively participate in brainstorming future technological innovations.
• Coordinate document distribution and production information flow, with emphasis on updating, maintaining, and championing use of Netflix tools and both internally and externally with production companies and freelance producers.
• Research, curate, and develop relationships with partners and crew, while continually analyzing cost efficiencies.
• Audit completion/delivery of production materials during pre-production, production, and wrap.
• Assist the team as necessary with Production budget review and analysis.
• Any other duties as necessary to support the productions and the department.
• BA/BS Degree
• 5 years experience with long form production management both in the field and on a network level for series. Candidates will likely be at the Production Manager level or equivalent outside of Netflix.
• Ability to handle a fast paced environment, simultaneously supporting several projects in various phases of production (from evaluation to production through delivery)
• Familiar with the current trends and workflows for 4K unscripted and documentary series production.
• Familiarity with post production/editorial systems and finishing processes.
• Access to long roster of high quality vendors and crew/creative talent worldwide.
• Ability to respond after hours for important, timely or urgent matters.
• Teamplayer who operates efficiently and with empathy in a fast-paced team-oriented setting .
• Ability to maintain confidential information.
• Willingness to continue learning to ensure understanding of current production process and gear.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills and the ability to multitask.
• Strong understanding of traditional production schedules and paperwork.
• Proficiency in Google Docs, Google Sheets, and Google Mail. Familiarity with Movie Magic Budgeting and Scheduling beneficial but not required.
• Willingness to take educated risks and think out of the box.