Coordinator, Physical Production, Live Action
Full Time Job
Coordinator, Physical Production, Live Action - Japan
We are seeking an experienced Coordinator, Physical Production to help manage both internal and third-party co-productions Netflix Originals titles from a physical production perspective. Responsibilities include establishing and curating vendor & staff/crew relations, ensuring all Physical Production deadlines are established and met, assist the Physical Production team with administration, reviewing budgets and supporting/suggesting best practices from pre-production through delivery. Together, this team is responsible for supervising all aspects of the physical production processes across the Netflix Originals Live Action Japan slate.
Fueled by the broad appeal of being able to instantly enjoy unlimited movies and TV shows, Netflix has grown to have over 130 million streaming members worldwide. With continued international expansion and a move into original production underway, it's a great time to join Netflix.
A successful candidate will be self-motivated, proactive, quick-thinking, flexible, able to pivot when necessary, thorough and able to juggle multiple and diverse responsibilities with a strong emphasis on organization and an unwavering attention to detail at all times. This is a demanding and fast moving position that requires someone who is a proactive and positive thinker, and able to exercise good judgment and initiative while working with a high volume production slate.
Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Set up, schedule and coordinate initial kick off and ongoing production meetings for internal and partner-produced co-productions
• Assist with identification and curation of experienced, high-quality production staff and crew
• Coordinate the onboarding process for production companies and freelance producers to the Netflix ecosystem, tools, and resources
• Update and maintain inward and outward-facing production resources and documents
• Research, curate, and develop relationships with vendors, while continually analyzing cost efficiencies
• Assist productions and executives in planning and coordinating travel
• Research and outreach to potential locations for look development reference and studios
• Production budget review and analysis
• Any other duties as necessary to support the productions and the department
• Extensive experience with long-form production management in the local Japanese production ecosystem.
• Ability to handle a fast paced environment, simultaneously supporting several projects in various phases of production (from evaluation to production through delivery)
• Access to an extensive roster of high-quality local vendors and crew/creative talent across the region
• Ability to respond after hours for important, timely or urgent matters
• Team-player who operates in a fast-paced team-oriented and cross-functional setting
• Ability to be discreet and maintain confidential information
• Understanding of how to prioritize and respond accordingly while being an effective communicator
• Willingness to continue learning to ensure understanding of current production process and equipment.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills and the ability to multi-task
• Proficiency in Google Ecosystem (including Google Docs, Sheets, Slides, Mail and Drive) and familiarity with post production/editorial systems and finishing processes
• Willingness to take educated risks and think out of the box
• Willingness to travel across the region to help set up productions
• Excellent written and verbal communication in English, and fluency in Japanese.