Coordinator, Physical Production - International Originals - Turkey / Cee
Full Time Job
We are seeking a Physical Production Coordinator to join the International Originals Physical Production team, based out of Amsterdam. This position would organize vital production information and workflows with an increasing slate of International Original Shows from pre-production through archive & wrap using internal tools, as well as working closely with our cross-functional teams within Netflix.
Fueled by the broad appeal of being able to instantly enjoy unlimited movies and TV shows, Netflix is the world's leading Internet television network in over 190 countries. With this international expansion and a growing slate of International Original productions, it's a great time to join Netflix.
A successful candidate will be passionate, self-motivated, proactive, quick-thinking, flexible, able to pivot when necessary, thorough and able to juggle multiple and diverse responsibilities with a strong emphasis on organization, interest in production apps and tools, and an unwavering attention to detail at all times. This is a demanding and fast moving position that requires someone who is a proactive and positive thinker, and able to exercise good judgment and communication. The role will be focused on supporting shows that are produced in Turkey and Central Eastern Europe with local talent and producers.
• Coordinate the onboarding process for production companies and freelance producers to the Netflix ecosystem, tools, and resources.
• Set up, schedule and coordinate initial kick off and ongoing production meetings for and partner-managed productions.
• Serve as primary production contact through pre-production, production and wrap for Production Management.
• Track and manage writing/development and production schedules along with overall Turkey/CEE slate, keeping stakeholders apprised of status.
• Research, curate, and develop relationships with vendors, while continually analyzing cost efficiencies from vendor bids.
• Assist with identification and curation of experienced, high-quality production staff and crew
• Research and outreach to potential filming locations and studios across Turkey and Central and Eastern Europe.
• Maintain, update, champion the use of our internal systems to track and manage show asset & paperwork delivery to Netflix.
• Update physical production ''best practices'' and refine production guidelines, work with technical teams in training others to use Netflix tools and understand our workflow.
• Work with managers on budget reviews and analysis.
• Serve as the bridge between productions and internal Netflix teams to ensure both sides receive pertinent updates in a timely manner.
• Assist productions and executives in planning and coordinating travel.
• Any other duties as necessary to support the productions and the department.
• 5 years experience in scripted television or feature film physical production within a high volume production company or medium to a high budget studio or network in Europe or Middle East. Candidates will likely be at the Manager or Line Producer level outside of Netflix.
• Team player with an ability to supervise several projects in various points of production (from development through delivery) in a fast-paced environment.
• Fluent in English and one of more of the following languages: Turkish, Arabic, Polish, Czech, Romanian or another Eastern European language.
• Proficiency in Google Docs, Sheets, Gmail, Gdrive, MS Word, Excel. Movie Magic Budgeting and Scheduling a plus, but not required and familiarity with post production/editorial systems and finishing processes.
• Understanding how to prioritize and respond accordingly.
• Willingness to continue learning to ensure understanding of the current production process and equipment.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills and the ability to multitask.
• Willingness to take educated risks and think out of the box.
• Ability to be discreet and handle confidential information.
• Access to a long roster of high-quality vendors and crew/creative talent worldwide.