Coordinator, Music Business Development
NetflixLos Angeles, CA
This was removed by the employer on 11/8/2021 9:12:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Marketing/Publicity/PR Category
Browse the Music Category
Browse the Studio Category
Search for Coordinator, Music Business Development jobs in Los Angeles-CA
Search all Coordinator, Music Business Development postings
Full Time Job
Members can watch as much as they want, anytime, anywhere, on any internet-connected screen.
The newly formed Music Business Development team leads Netflix's global original music distribution strategy (i.e. soundtracks) partnering closely with teams across Music Creative Production, Music Business and Legal Affairs, Marketing, Publicity and others to identify ways to make the great music in Netflix films and series around the world come to life outside of our ecosystem. Working closely with internal and external partners to further the brand equity of Netflix titles through the power of music while creating member joy.
Our Music Business Development team in Los Angeles is looking for a Music Business Development Coordinator who shares our passion for music and great content. We are seeking someone that thrives in an environment where freedom and responsibility are a tenet, and passion, innovation and curiosity are mandates. This unique and exciting role will focus on supporting the larger MBD team's efforts in developing opportunities around our rapidly growing portfolio of original music in support of Netflix titles. The role requires the successful candidate to manage and grow a wide array of project workflows and systems. This role will help in the delivery and process flow to help Netflix's original music to reach consumers across all platforms.
This role would require alignment & close working relationships with the Marketing (to explore ways of using our music to help drive conversation and increase performance of our K&F titles), the Business & Legal Affairs Music and the Music Creative Production.
Specific responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
• Support the UCAN soundtrack and original music release strategy Netflix original titles
• Maintain and optimize a high volume, complex workflow of soundtrack orchestration from inception to completion and how it comes to life in market across all platforms
• Manage, and deliver music release assets & marketing materials to all the relevant teams both internal and external, while monitoring and enforcing strict deadlines
• Data tracking on original music releases (streams, playlisting, social footprints, etc.) to help identify ancillary music opportunities via consumption, SOV, etc.
• Skills and Experience
• Broad experience in the entertainment industry is a must with a Minimum of 3 years professional experience
• Ability to thrive in a fast paced and ambiguous environment
• Ability to work within complex data sets to extract key insights and recommendations to continuously evolve original music workflow
• Experience in live experiences and creating cultural launch moments
• Strong written and verbal communication skills with great judgment
• Well versed in Google suite
• Coordinating various Music Business Development initiatives. Examples include: creating and/or editing slide decks and broad communications, artist pitch decks, supporting workflows, comms across the regions and external partners i.e. talent teams and organizing working groups.