Coordinator, Legal Delivery
NetflixLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
We're hiring for of Coordinator, Legal Delivery for Netflix Scripted Series in US & Canada territory:
What is legal delivery? Think ''Delivery'' of what Netflix's ''Legal'' department needs. When Netflix produces or acquires a show, it comes with a high volume of associated contracts and other pertinent documentation. External Licensors, Partners, and production offices provide these documents to Netflix. The Legal Delivery team reviews them to ensure that various legal subteams have everything they need to do their jobs. Marketing, Residuals, Music, Credits, Litigation, Labor, or a slew of other departments at Netflix trust the Legal Delivery team to proactively source and quickly retrieve documents crucial to producing and exploiting our content. This process of tracking and reviewing documents, flagging and escalating issues, and keeping many cross-functional teams aligned for Netflix's content is what we refer to as ''legal delivery'' in this context.
What will the Legal Delivery Coordinator do? They'll work on various matters related to Netflix's English-language, scripted, episodic content. The shows they support will be both owned and licensed series that are filming all over the world. The successful candidate will track, review and organize all of the show's documents as required by the Legal team. This position will need to foster and manage communication and alignment between various departments, working closely with content producers and licensors. This role is a primary node of connectivity for information dissemination within the Netflix studio. And that's just the start. Netflix is a quickly evolving company that sets many industry standards. This position will flex and grow into new opportunities that present themselves as the role and company continue to evolve. This person will be connected to many departments and can find and implement ways for the whole studio to run more efficiently.
What will a candidate need to succeed in this role? We're seeking a professional with legal or production office experience who is familiar with the broad range of documentation required for content production and exploitation. The successful candidate will have a thorough comprehension of these documents. Experience with drafting or review of contracts with an eye for detail is vital. We need a ''jack of all trades'' that can answer the majority of legal questions posed by external partners while knowing when to escalate the more complex ones to our ''informed captains.'' Many issues are the first of their kind, so the successful candidate will need to use expert judgment to figure things out on the fly and make decisions on the spot. This person will need to keep this large quantity of documents hyper-organized for quick retrieval when needed. We're looking for someone that can build and maintain relationships with ease and effectively. They will need to operate independently with minimal supervision while being accountable for the documents on their assigned titles.
• 4 years production office or business & legal affairs experience, working within a studio/network environment, production office, or entertainment law firm (or 2 years of specific legal delivery experience).
• Familiarity with and thorough comprehension of contracts and other pertinent documentation required to produce and exploit linear scripted content.
• An understanding of the interworkings/needs of various departments at a studio (e.g., Production, Business & Legal Affairs, Marketing, Finance, Music, etc.).
• Proficiency with Google Workspace.
• The ability to quickly learn new technologies and systems.
• Strong organizational skills.
• Sound judgment to make quick decisions and operate independently.
• Previous legal delivery experience.
• Prior experience contributing to the creation of scripted content in some capacity.
• Experience with episodic content.
• Willingness to grow by tackling new matters outside areas of expertise.
• Excellent interpersonal, communication, and relationship skills.
• Experience in a heavily cross-functional role.
• A proven ability to find creative solutions to conflict where everyone wins.
• Comfort with risk and ambiguity.