Coordinator LATAM, Nonfiction Series
NetflixMexico City, CA
Full Time Job
We are seeking a Coordinator LATAM, Nonfiction series who will provide support to the LATAM International Originals team, with particular focus on Mexican market.
This position will be based in the Mexico City office.The successful candidate will be self-motivated, quick-thinking, flexible, and able to juggle multiple and diverse responsibilities, with a strong emphasis on organization and an unwavering attention to detail. This is a demanding and fast-paced role with growth potential that requires curiosity and significant initiative. S/he will report to the Manager LATAM - nonfiction series.
• Master Netflix-specific applications in order to:
- Track incoming pitches and passes.
- Own project-specific information and slate/launch dates across Netflix applications.
- Attend pitch meetings and evaluate incoming material; provide feedback for unscripted content.
- Contribute as a creative second on shows when needed.
- Track/scout producers, showrunners, writers, talent, and IP and take general meetings.
- Network with agency and studio coordinators and managers as well as producers.
- Generate decks for various internal and external presentations.
• Acting as a liaison with various departments (Content Ops, Marketing, PR, Legal, Product) to coordinate information sharing and address incoming requests
• Tracking title schedules and key dates for delivery, payments, start dates, options, etc
• Conducting market and competitive research
• Maintaining flexibility and openness to take on additional projects as necessary or assigned
• Increase the team's operational efficiency
• Collaborate with Coordinators and other touch-points from various departments (both in Content as well as Production, Post Production and beyond) to ensure all relevant information is shared.
• Advocate for Netflix Nonfiction team while working internally and owning relationships cross-functionally.
• Lead the LATAM Netflix Nonfiction team in systems and organization, creating and maintaining efficient workflows, always aligned with coordinators in other regions
• Maintain flexibility and openness to take additional projects as necessary or assigned.
• Demonstrates good judgment and strong critical thinking skills
• Experience working with international vendors and reviewing/maintaining their accounts, as well as reviewing and executing licensing contracts
• Proven communication skills; must be articulate and professional both in written and verbal form
• Ability to work proactively, independently and reliably under tight timeframes in a fast-paced environment
• High level of organization, detail orientation and ability to time-manage across multiple deadlines
• Demonstrated ability to work cross-functionally
• Solid experience with Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint required, Mac OS a plus
• Highly collaborative, resourceful, quick thinking, curious with great calm and a good sense of humor
• Research and analytic experience required
& Work Experience:
• At least 5 years of previous Coordinator/Manager/ Producer experience is required
• Prior studio, Production Company, Agency, Consulting or media-focused technology experience required
• Must have a passion for Nonfiction (unscripted) Content.
• Fluency in English and Spanish (ideally as a mother language).
It's an exciting time at Netflix as we continue to expand our business globally. Netflix is the world's leading internet entertainment service with 150 million memberships in over 190 countries enjoying TV series, documentaries and feature films across a wide variety of genres and languages. Members can watch as much as they want, anytime, anywhere, on any internet-connected screen. Members can play, pause and resume watching, all without commercials or commitments. Central to the way we work is our culture - check out the Culture Memo to get a sense of what we value, how we work, and the experiences you will have at Netflix.