Coordinator, Labor Relations
NetflixLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
With over 193 million subscribers enjoying great content in over 190 countries, it is an exciting time to work at Netflix. Netflix's Labor Relations team is seeking a Coordinator who will provide support to the team. The successful candidate will have prior experience in a business affairs, legal, production, and/or labor relations setting, and will be self-motivated, quick-thinking, flexible, and able to juggle multiple and diverse responsibilities with a strong emphasis on organization and an unwavering attention to detail. This is a demanding and fast-paced role that requires curiosity and significant initiative. S/he will report to Senior Counsel, Labor Relations.
include, but are not limited to:
• Handle submission of union/guild information requests, quarterly earnings reports and waiver requests.
• Oversee the submission of DGA/WGA Weekly Worklists and EEO Data Reports by production personnel.
• Ensure Weekly Worklists, Deal Memos, and other labor documents are uploaded into the appropriate folders by the applicable production personnel.
• Handle and coordinate signatures (both externally and internally) and ensure signed agreements are uploaded into digital document tracking system and shared appropriately with other departments.
• Assist in updating status charts and maintain contact lists.
• Administer guild and union signatory set-up for production entities.
• Maintain hard copy and digital library of collective bargaining agreements, ensuring that updated books are procured from applicable unions and guilds, and Memorandum of Agreements and wage rates are obtained in a timely fashion after negotiations are completed and new terms are ratified.
• Create and maintain grievance/claim log to ensure timely response to disputes over interpretation and implementation of guild/union collective bargaining agreements.
• Research, compile, and prepare data for use in grievance hearings, arbitration proceedings, labor/management initiatives and collective bargaining negotiations.
• Handle vacation and severance pay requests for affiliated employees.
• Research and respond to SAG-AFTRA background performer claims.
• Assist in compiling data for industry pension and health plan audits.
• Support the Labor Relations team on projects, priorities, and production schedules.
• Perform other related duties as assigned.
• BA/BS required;
• 5 years of related work experience is required;
• Demonstrated good judgment and strong critical thinking skills;
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills;
• Ability to work proactively, independently and reliably under tight timeframes in a fast-paced environment;
• Comfortable with fluidity and iteration, and open to change and new ideas.
• High level of organization, detail orientation and ability to time-manage across multiple deadlines;
• Willingness to tackle matters outside area of expertise