Coordinator, Intellectual Property
NetflixLos Angeles, CA
This was removed by the employer on 5/25/2020 9:12:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Legal and Business Affairs Category
Browse the Studio Category
Search for Coordinator, Intellectual Property jobs in Los Angeles-CA
Search all Coordinator, Intellectual Property postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a Coordinator, Intellectual Property? THE OPPORTUNITY
Members can watch as much as they want, anytime, anywhere, on any internet-connected screen. Members can play, pause and resume watching, all without commercials or commitments.
Netflix is seeking a Coordinator to join the Intellectual Property team and assist with copyright registrations and recordations related to our series and films, as well as screenplays, music, and artwork. As a member of the IP team, you will support vital components of our intellectual property practice and be an integral resource for Netflix's business and production teams. Your expert eye for detail and exceptional organizational talents mean that you excel at quickly piecing together the jigsaw puzzle of a complex copyright situation. You think outside the box, challenge long-standing assumptions, and look for opportunities to innovate. You are adept at pragmatically analyzing risk, and you confidently communicate across all levels of the business. The successful candidate will be one who loves working in an environment where freedom and responsibility are tenets and passion and curiosity are mandates. The role is ideal for someone who is comfortable in a constantly changing environment.
The position is based in Los Angeles.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
Copyright Registration and Recordation:
• Assist with short form assignment filings to the US and Canadian Copyright Offices.
• Assist with ordering and filing series episodes, music, and films with the US and Canadian Copyright Offices.
Document and Cost Tracking:
• Track all filing documentation and associated costs.
• Manage, maintain and update various documents and internal cost trackers.
• Submit departmental invoices to the accounting department for timely payment.
• Assure all official documentation is uploaded into the document management systems.
Rights Research and Management:
• Review the chain of title to confirm rights ownership.
• Assist with ordering and reviewing Copyright Reports.
Internal and Cross-Functional Support:
• Conduct research and provide analysis and data to various teams, including enforcement, music, and litigation.
• Implement efficient workflows, as necessary.
• Three years prior experience in a business affairs and/or legal setting.
• Law firm or in-house paralegal experience preferred.
• Some IP experience is desired (copyright preferred).
• Experience with copyright registration and recordation is a plus.
• Experience reviewing chain of title documents preferred.
• Ability to multitask and maintain an unwavering attention to detail.
• High level of organization and self-motivation.
• Understanding of or curiosity about how filmed entertainment is developed and produced.
• Tech-savvy, including proficiency with cloud-based document and database systems.
• Clear and concise communication skills, strong judgment and excellent interpersonal skills.
• Ability to work proactively, independently and reliably under tight timeframes in a fast-paced environment.
• Ability to think practically and be solution-oriented.
• Curiosity and willingness to take on additional projects and tackle matters outside area of expertise.
• Flexibility, including the ability to work effectively and collaborate cross-functionally with people having diverse viewpoints and interests. This job is no longer available. Click here to view current job listings.