Coordinator, Corporate Legal
NetflixLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
With over 130 Million subscribers enjoying great content throughout the world, it's an exciting time to work at Netflix. We are continuing to grow our vast original content slate globally, and this role is imperative to the success of this massive initiative. This is an opportunity to be part of a public company with a great consumer brand and to help Netflix shape the future of entertainment.
The successful candidate will work as part of the company's Corporate & Finance Team headquartered in Los Angeles handling copyright recordations and related intellectual property rights transfers to increase the operational efficiency of the department.
The successful candidate will have at least 3 years prior experience in entertainment, preferably in business affairs and/or a legal setting. Some copyright experience is desired but not required. They will be highly organized, self-motivated, flexible, and able to multitask with an unwavering attention to detail. They should also maintain an openness to take on additional projects and duties as necessary.
• Assist with short-form and copyright mortgage and assignment filings to the US Copyright Office.
• Assist with ordering and filing finished series episode and films with the US Copyright Office.
• Track all filing documentation and associated costs.
• Coordinate the receipt of documentation internally.
• Managing, maintaining and updating various documents and cost internal trackers.
• Assuring all official documentation is uploaded into document management systems.
• Submission of departmental invoices to the accounting department for timely payment.
• Assist with creation of rights transfer agreements, schedules, and licenses.
The successful candidate will also possess the following:
• Clear and concise communication skills, strong judgment and excellent interpersonal skills.
• Ability to work proactively, independently and reliably under tight timeframes in a fast-paced environment.
• Ability to think practically and be solution-oriented.
• Curiosity and willingness to tackle matters outside area of expertise.
• Ability to work effectively and collaborate cross-functionally with people having diverse viewpoints and interests.