Coordinator, Contracts & Payments Administration
NetflixLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
Members can watch as much as they want, anytime, anywhere, on any internet-connected screen. Members can play, pause and resume watching, all without commercials or commitments.
The Contracts & Payments Administration team supporting Scripted Series for UCAN/UK and Local Language Originals sits with the Business & Legal Affairs team. The team has the responsibility for ensuring all Above The Line talent are paid timely and properly. This a highly cross-functional role, and the successful candidate must have the ability to work effectively with the Business & Legal Affairs team, Labor, Tax, Production, Creative and Production Finance teams, in addition to our accounting teams, and will also act as a strategic thought partner to those cross-functional teams as we innovate and experiment with new deal structures. - The Contracts & Payments Administration Coordinator will have an extremely strong emphasis on organization and a high level of attention to detail as well as excellent verbal and written communication skills. The successful candidate will thrive in a Freedom & Responsibility environment, be adaptable to change, able to juggle multiple responsibilities at the same time, will be self-motivated and must have the ability to work proactively, independently, and reliably under tight time-frames in a fast-paced environment.
• - Proactively review, evaluate and execute the contractual - financial - obligations of agreements and deal memos for above-the-line (ATL) talent working domestically and internationally. This includes payments for Rights Options/Purchases, Script Acquisitions, Quitclaims, Development Materials, Early Writers Rooms, Series Prep/Production/Post for Comedy Sitcoms and Multi-Cams, one hour Drama Series, plus Limited and Event Series, and Adult Comedy Animation. (ATL talent includes: Actors, Writers, Producers, Non-Writing Producers, Consultants, Directors, Line Producers and Casting Directors)
• Prepare payment authorizations and payment schedules for ATL talent to facilitate timely and accurate payments through Netflix Studios, our Prep/Wrap Accounting Team and?/or? the individual show accounting teams. Including but not limited to mile-stone payments, weekly salaries, bonuses, royalties and the like. We provide guidance for PH&W rates for the applicable guilds (if any). In addition, consultation with our tax team to flag potential issues with loan out corps, pay entities, work location, production locations etc.?
• Prepare DGA and DGC director deal memos for execution and ensure directors are paid accurately and timely (including additional days, reshoots, etc)
• Create and maintain? WGA tracking spreadsheets and liaise with script coordinators, internal creative and our legal teams for episodic script reporting and step delivery notices to ensure timely payments
• Create and maintain development and series summaries for our assigned projects, upkeep of data driven trackers for multiple cross functional teams plus organization/filing and upkeep of all payment requests and back-up within a cloud-based document management system
• Liaise with internal teams and outside productions regarding delivery of key documentation to ensure our team is informed and payments are made in a timely fashion
• Act as internal - and external - point-of-contact? for all payment related questions
• Periodically prepare cost analysis scenarios for various teams
• Ensure above-the-line payroll start paperwork is received, complete? and accurate
• Willingness to tackle matters outside area of expertise
• Candidates must have 5 years in production payroll, business affairs, legal or contracts and payments administration
• Solid understanding of the payroll process and above-the-line union labor agreements (DGA, WGA, SAG-AFTRA, Local 839)
• Additional knowledge of entertainment payroll practices outside of the US is preferred, but not required. Netflix produces shows across the world, including but not limited to Vancouver, Toronto, Prague, Japan, India, New Zealand, Australia, South Africa, Germany, UK, etc.
• Ability to - read and - understand - legal contracts - and articulate issues using? creative, production and financial context
• Fluency/Familiarity with Google Workspace is preferred, but not required