Coordinator, Contracts & Payments Administration
NetflixLos Angeles, CA
This was removed by the employer on 12/17/2020 3:11:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Accounting/Finance Category
Browse the Legal and Business Affairs Category
Browse the Studio Category
Search for Coordinator, Contracts & Payments Administration jobs in Los Angeles-CA
Search all Coordinator, Contracts & Payments Administration postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a Coordinator, Contracts & Payments Administration?
Full Time Job
The Contracts & Payments Administration team supporting Original Series and Local Language Originals sits with the Business & Legal Affairs team. The team has responsibility for ensuring all Above The Line talent are paid timely and properly. This a highly cross-functional role, and the successful candidate must have the ability to work effectively with the Business & Legal Affairs team, Labor, Tax, Production, Creative and Production Finance teams, in addition to our accounting teams, and will also act as a strategic thought partner to those cross-functional teams as we innovate and experiment with new deal structures. - The Contracts & Payments Administration Coordinator will have a strong emphasis on organization and a high level of attention to detail as well as excellent verbal and written communication skills. The successful candidate will thrive in a Freedom & Responsibility environment, be adaptable to change, able to juggle multiple responsibilities at the same time, will be self-motivated and must have the ability to work proactively, independently, and reliably under tight time-frames in a fast-paced environment.
• - Proactively review and evaluate the contractual - financial - obligations of agreements and deal memos for above-the-line (ATL) talent working domestically and internationally - (Rights, Script Acquisitions, Turnarounds, Comedy/Drama/Animation Development, Writers Rooms plus Series Production which includes Actors, Writers, Producers, Non-Writing Producers, Consultants, Directors, Line Producers and Casting Directors).
• Prepare payment authorizations and payment schedules for ATL talent to facilitate timely and accurate payments through Netflix Studios, our Prep/Wrap Accounting Team and?/or? the individual show accounting teams. Including but not limited to mile-stone payments, weekly salaries, bonuses, royalties and the like, plus PH&W for the applicable guilds (if any). In addition, flagging for our tax team any potential issues with loan out corps, work location, production locations etc.?
• Prepare DGA and DGC director deal memos for execution and ensure directors are paid accurately and timely (including additional days, reshoots, etc)
• Create and maintain? WGA spreadsheets and liaise with script coordinators and internal creative and legal teams for episodic script reporting/delivery notices to ensure timely payments
• Create and maintain development and series summaries plus organization/filing and upkeep of all payment requests and back-up within a cloud-based document management system
• Liaise with internal teams and outside productions regarding delivery of key documentation to ensure payments are made in a timely fashion
• Act as internal - and external - point-of-contact? for all payment related questions
• Periodically prepare cost analysis scenarios for various teams
• Ensure above-the-line payroll start paperwork is received, complete? and accurate
• Willingness to tackle matters outside area of expertise
• Candidates must have 5 years in production payroll, business affairs, legal or contract administration
• Solid understanding of the payroll process and above-the-line union labor agreements (DGA, WGA, SAG-AFTRA, Local 839)
• Additional knowledge of entertainment payroll practices outside of the US is preferred, but not required. Netflix produces shows across the world, including but not limited to Vancouver, Toronto, Prague, Japan, India, New Zealand, Australia, Germany, UK, etc.
• Ability to - read and - understand - legal contracts - and articulate issues using? creative, production or financial context
• Fluency/Familiarity with Google Workspace is preferred, but not required
This is your chance to be on the ground floor with a team that is transforming entertainment through original productions. Changing the perception of what great content is and how it should be enjoyed and celebrated. Fueled by the broad appeal of the instantaneous enjoyment of unlimited movies and TV shows, Netflix has grown to over 195 million members in over 190 countries enjoying more than 125 million hours of TV shows and movies per day. With continued international expansion and a growing slate of original productions, it's a great time to join Netflix.