Coordinator, Content Acquisition
Full Time Job
We are seeking an experienced Coordinator who will provide support to the Japan Content team. The successful candidate will be self-motivated, quick-thinking, flexible, and able to juggle multiple and diverse responsibilities with a strong emphasis on organization and an unwavering attention to detail. This is a demanding and fast-paced role with growth potential that requires curiosity and significant initiative. S/he will report to the Manager of Content Acquisition, Japan.
include, but are not limited to:
• Manage the process and flow of content submissions, interface with prospective content partners
• Interface with various departments (i.e. Title Operations, Marketing, PR, Legal, Product) to coordinate information sharing and address incoming requests
• Track title schedules and key dates for delivery, payments, start dates, options, etc.
• Conduct market and competitive research
• Maintain flexibility and openness to take on additional projects as necessary or assigned
• Evaluate incoming projects and provide creative feedback
• Increase the Japan Content team's operational efficiency
• BA/BS required
• At least 2 years of related work experience is required
• Prior studio, agency, consulting or media-focused technology experience strongly preferred but not required
• Demonstrated good judgment and strong critical thinking skills
• Proven communication skills; must be articulate and professional in written and verbal form in both English and Japanese
• Ability to work proactively, independently and reliably under tight timeframes in a fast-paced environment
• High level of organization, detail orientation and ability to time-manage across multiple deadlines
• Solid experience with Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
• Highly collaborative, resourceful, quick thinking, curious with great calm and a good sense of humor
• Research and analytic experience a plus but not required
• A love of entertainment, TV and film
With over 183 million streaming members worldwide, Netflix has been on the leading edge of a deep transformation in the entertainment business. Powered by a work culture focused on high performance and continuous improvement, the company is the world's biggest Internet television network, present in more than 190 countries.