Coordinator, Casting Administration
NetflixLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
Coordinator, Casting Administration, Original Animation
This guiding principle has informed our commitment to animation, a universal language, and the establishment of Netflix Animation Studios where creative visionaries can perform their best work.
Netflix seeks a Casting Administration Coordinator who will work with internal and external parties during all phases of production in connection with the engagement of voice actors for Netflix's original animated series and features. The role will be primarily responsible for the following: (a) drafting and negotiating day player agreements (including riders, if necessary); (b) coordinating signature of day player agreements with the actor's representative and third party animation dialogue recording studio; (c) summarizing voice talent agreement rights and restrictions; and (d) administrative support for casting administration team.
The candidate must have excellent communication skills as the role will involve regular coordination and collaboration with internal and external stakeholders including casting, physical production, production finance, business & legal affairs, labor relations, contract administration and third party animation dialogue recording studios. In addition, the candidate should be highly organized, attentive to detail and a strategic thinker who is passionate about finding efficiencies to ensure the smooth operation of the casting administration workflow.
will also include:
• Acting as a point of contact between Netflix and talent representatives with respect to day player agreements;
• Drafting and negotiating day player agreements and coordinating signature thereof;
• Working with production attorneys to prepare and negotiate riders to day player agreements, as necessary;
• Sending fully-executed day player agreements to talent representatives for their records;
• Handling start paperwork for voice actors in order to ensure payments are timely processed and guild deadlines are met;
• Uploading fully-executed agreements to internal Netflix record keeping database and production drive;
• Managing relationships with third-party animation dialogue recording studios and serving as the central repository for flow of documents/information;
• Advising and educating internal and external cross-functional partners (e.g., casting, producers, production finance, post production, marketing, third-party animation dialogue recording studios and third-party SAG-AFTRA signatory companies) of the requirements and restrictions set forth in the voice actor agreements; and
• Coordinating with the screen credits team to ensure the proper crediting of voice actors.
• At least 1-2 years of entertainment experience at a studio, production company or law firm.
• Experience in drafting agreements required with a knowledge and understanding of voice casting and associated talent agreements for animation preferred;
• Basic understanding of guild and union agreements and other production-related labor issues;
• The ability to work proactively, independently and reliably under tight timeframes in a fast-paced environment, with an ability to stay calm under pressure;
• Fluency in Google Suite, Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint;
• Excellent communication skills and the ability to work effectively with cross-functional partners; and
• BA/BS preferred.
The ideal candidate will also possess the following:
• Good judgment and strong critical thinking skills;
• Strong organizational and time-management skills;
• Curiosity and a willingness to tackle matters outside their area of expertise;
• Ability to work effectively across functions, think practically and be solution-oriented;
• Strong analytical (strategic and creative) capabilities and judgment;
• Ability to embrace change, be adaptable and open to new ideas;
• Ability to embrace and advocate cultural diversity; and
• Passion for animation.