Coordinator, Business & Legal Affairs
NetflixLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
Coordinator, Business & Legal Affairs - Nonfiction
Members can watch as much as they want, anytime, anywhere, on any internet-connected screen. Members can play, pause and resume watching, all without commercials or commitments.
Netflix is seeking a coordinator to join the Business and Legal Affairs team responsible for helping to bring ''nonfiction'' series, such as ''Love Is Blind,'' ''Rhythm Flow'' and ''The Circle'' to the Netflix service. The successful candidate will work with Netflix's Nonfiction Series team in many facets of business and legal affairs support, including liaising with internal cross-functional teams, updating forms/templates, confirming credits, managing clip licensing requests, and overseeing option tracking and other internal management systems. The Nonfiction team at Netflix is focused on building a slate of unique and high-quality titles. This is an opportunity to be part of a public company with a great consumer brand, and to grow within Netflix to help shape the future of entertainment.
• At least 2 years of coordinator experience, ideally in a law firm or in-house legal team for production company, studio, or network.
• Flexibility and openness to take on additional projects as necessary or assigned;
• Ability to work proactively, independently and reliably under tight timeframes in a fast-paced environment;
• High level of organizational skills, attention to detail, and ability to prioritize and time-manage across multiple deadlines;
• Fluency with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and the Google Suite;
• Highly collaborative, resourceful, quick thinking, curious, and calm under pressure;
• Positive attitude and an ability to respond positively to change and be open to and respectful of new ideas;
• Good judgment, strong critical thinking skills, and the desire and willingness to take ownership and control of complex projects;
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills; and
• Ability to work effectively and collaboratively cross-functionally, think practically, and be solution-oriented.
Knowledge of the evolving and international media landscape is a plus, as is experience reading and interpreting contract language, but neither are required.
• Handling document management and coordinating signatures (both externally and internally);
• Tracking deal terms and options;
• Confirming contractual credits;
• Managing clip licensing requests;
• Managing option tracking and other internal management systems and training new team hires;
• Managing and updating form agreements, production forms and manuals and deal summaries, as well as various dashboards and document management systems;
• Coordinating with the cross functional teams on projects, priorities, and production schedules;
• Capturing and condensing notes from meetings with various cross functional partners; and
• Liaising with internal Netflix teams with respect to various issues including chain of title, rights management, legal deliverables, marketing restrictions, talent approvals, and payment and finance.