Coordinator, Business Affairs Administration - Scripted Series
NetflixLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
Members can watch as much as they want, anytime, anywhere, on any internet-connected screen. Members can play, pause and resume watching, all without commercials or commitments.
Team description: The Option Tracking team supports the UCAN/UK Scripted Series BALA Team by calculating and tracking a variety of important dates and deadlines in connection with Licensed, Partner-Managed, Self-Managed Series and Overall deals. We track above-the-line deals from the development phase through reversion, including subsequent season, talent, rights option deadlines, term deals and hold periods. We draft and send any relevant notices, including extensions, option exercise and report-to-work notices. We also work closely with the Creative, Labor and Production teams by creating and distributing option summaries to socialize subsequent season deadlines, tracking writers' room engagements, fees for SAG and for WGA Article 67 purposes, and tracking order to series deadlines.
Job description: We are looking for a self-motivated, detail-oriented Coordinator to join our growing Option Tracking team. This job is all about the details. The ideal candidate will have 2 years of experience in business and/or legal affairs with an eagerness to hit the ground running tracking option deadlines and important production dates. If you're extremely organized and good at anticipating needs, this job is for you.
• Above-the-line option tracking on licensed, owned, rights deals and term deals.
• Drafting and issue option exercise notices and other various documents.
• Summarizing contracts with an emphasis on contractual agreements/deadlines.
• Familiarity with guild rules (SAG & WGA).
• Tracking start and end of writers rooms and end of principal photography.
• Maintaining flexibility and openness to take on additional projects as necessary.
• Working with cross-functional teams to gather and socialize important dates and information.
• Managing & updating option summary charts and other various team charts.
• Exemplify the core Netflix Values.
• Experience in legal and/or business affairs at a television or film production company or law firm.
• Ability to work proactively, independently and reliably on multiple projects under tight timeframes in a fast-paced environment.
• Ability to work effectively and collaboratively cross-functionally, think practically and be solution-oriented.
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, with the ability to effectively communicate between cross-functional teams.
• Tech-savvy, including proficiency with Google Suite.
• Good judgment and strong critical thinking skills.
• Ability to respond positively to change and be receptive to new ideas.
• Proven track record of improving team organization and efficiency.
• Willingness to tackle matters outside the area of expertise.
• Ability to embrace and advocate for cultural diversity.